Infineum welcomes applications from talented Chemists or Engineers to work within our Technology function to build on a broad range of skills within a company that encourages creativity and initiative. We are seeking candidates with an academic background in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. We are especially interested in PhD candidates with expertise in Polymer Science, Organic Synthesis or Tribology.
We have opportunities for candidates who are experienced in our industry, have experience in other industries or have just finished college or university.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
The opportunities available span our Technology function. You could be leading your own fundamental research projects on component development, working on the design or development of our next generation of performance chemical additives for automotive lubricants or liaising with customers about custom-made products. What each requires is the enthusiasm and passion to bring your knowledge to a commercial reality. We offer the chance to develop long term initiatives through interaction with the scientific community and collaboration with selected industrial partners and universities – all in a company that is large enough to offer leadership opportunities, but small enough to enable you to see the value of your contribution.
If you can work on multiple projects simultaneously, and interact creatively and communicate effectively across different disciplines, you will enjoy the responsibility of taking Infineum, and your own career, forward.
We are not satisfied in offering just a job – our goal is for you to have a successful career with us. We have the following types of roles at Infineum:
- Specialist: develop deep technical expertise in one technical area
- Generalist: develop broad technical expertise in a number of areas
- External interfacing: using your depth or breadth of expertise with customer or industry bodies
- Technical advisor: Advising how technology advancements can shape business strategy
- People management: leading a group of technical colleagues
These career options are interchangeable so with the right development you can flex your career. Our jobs in Technology provide an excellent understanding of Infineum; so much so that we have opportunities for commercial and business careers to technical colleagues.
To support your induction we have new starter training programmes so you feel at home straight away. Career information portals and tools are available so you will know what choices are available and Infineum managers have been trained in their use and so you will be supported all the way – but you provide the feedback on what pace you want to take things.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
If you are interested in building a career with Infineum and you believe the following describes you then we would like to hear from you:
- Ability to apply technical knowledge, having the insight to solve problems and be innovative
- Commercial awareness; an interest and ability to apply science in a commercial context
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams, collaborate and influence others
- Commitment and passion for turning scientific knowledge into a performance enhancing end product
Infineum is an Equal Opportunity Employer