The Production Technician will safely perform tasks that reflect substantial variety and complexity, and will rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals listed below.
This is a union position.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Move control settings to make necessary adjustments on equipment units affecting speeds of chemical reactions, quality and yields.
- Monitor recording instruments, flowmeters, panel lights and other indicators.
- Listen for warning signals to verify conformity of process conditions.
- Operate chemical processing equipment using a Distributed Control System (DCS).
- Draw samples of products in order to monitor processing and ensure that standards are met.
- Knowledge of operator chemical processing equipment such as pumps, mixers, valves and piping.
- Prepare equipment for maintenance. Must know lock-out-tag-out (LOTO) procedures.
- Must be able to control operations of equipment or systems including watching gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- 3 years or more experience in power generation, refinery, chemical, pharmaceutical, paint/polymer, cosmetics, food or automotive industries.
- Familiarity with heat exchangers (shell/tube), plate and frame and fin flanges.
- Experience working with pressure/temperature gauges, level instruments, flowmeters, control valves and remote operated valves, centrifugal pumps, positive displacement pumps (e.g., gear, diaphragm) and piston pumps.
- Experience working with solids handling equipment utilizing screw and pneumatic conveyors. Separation equipment including centrifuges, filtration (bag/cartridge), flash drums, wipe film evaporators, and liquid separation towers (pack tower and tray tower).
- Microsoft Outlook and basic computer skills preferred.
SAP experience desired.
- Tank wagon and rail car experience preferred.