We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
The Production Technician will safely perform tasks that reflect substantial variety and complexity, and will rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals listed below.
This is a union position.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Move control settings to make necessary adjustments on equipment units affecting speeds of chemical reactions, quality and yields.
- Monitor recording instruments, flowmeters, panel lights and other indicators.
- Listen for warning signals to verify conformity of process conditions.
- Operate chemical processing equipment using a Distributed Control System (DCS).
- Draw samples of products in order to monitor processing and ensure that standards are met.
- Knowledge of operator chemical processing equipment such as pumps, mixers, valves and piping.
- Prepare equipment for maintenance. Must know lock-out-tag-out (LOTO) procedures.
- Must be able to control operations of equipment or systems including watching gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- 3 years or more experience in power generation, refinery, chemical, pharmaceutical, paint/polymer, cosmetics, food or automotive industries.
- Familiarity with heat exchangers (shell/tube), plate and frame and fin flanges.
- Experience working with pressure/temperature gauges, level instruments, flowmeters, control valves and remote operated valves, centrifugal pumps, positive displacement pumps (e.g., gear, diaphragm) and piston pumps.
- Experience working with solids handling equipment utilizing screw and pneumatic conveyors. Separation equipment including centrifuges, filtration (bag/cartridge), flash drums, wipe film evaporators, and liquid separation towers (pack tower and tray tower).
- Microsoft Outlook and basic computer skills preferred.
- SAP experience desired.
- Tank wagon and rail car experience preferred