We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
The Infineum Singapore Plant located in Jurong Island is one of the three major manufacturing sites in Infineum, operating 24/7 with a 2, 2, 3 shift schedule. There are various production units in the plant, such as component manufacture and product blending units. The chemical technician is mainly responsible for safe operations of production units in the plant in accordance with the production plan and emergency response during incidents. This position is accountable to the Shift Team Leader (STL) under the Operations Department.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Ensure the safe and optimal operation of processing equipment in the field and/or process control consoles with minimal support from STL
- Collaborate with the boardman to support the running and troubleshooting of the unit
- Develop troubleshooting skills to resolve process issues independently and with team mates if needed and carry out immediate corrective actions as required. He/She must be aware of all the variables for his/her process operations to enable him/her to interface with the boardman to make correct operations desired conditions
- Work in teams to ensure that the personal and team production performance is delivered
- Perform routine operations (sampling, product movement, etc.) independently as required by the production schedule and in adherence to operating procedures and instructions
- Proactively identify and report opportunities for improvement
- Execute field rounds, download field round data for approval and provides feedback on field round adequacy
- Execute operator driven reliability tasks (autonomous maintenance) as planned
- Generate SAP notifications and assign priority
- Prepare equipment for handover to Maintenance and sign off permit for readiness
- Perform gas testing and assess confine space entry
- Report production delays in electronic batch sheet
- Execute physical stock taking as required (monthly and annual)
- Responsible for the housekeeping of his/her own unit
- Carry out shift handover according to Manufacturing Operations Excellence Business Process
- Support emergency response in the field, serving as a designated first aider and participate in emergency drills as per schedule
- Carry out loading and unloading activities (check trucks, check documentation) preparation and perform loading/unloading
- Participate in technician training and progression program and OJT to acquire thorough technical knowledge and skills in process operations. All Chemical Technicians must be qualified for multiple units
- Any other tasks as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Champion in HSSE in an operating plant environment as a shift team member
- Working with a diverse team to exercise team building skills
- Increased awareness and ownership of the Process Units
- Opportunities for Operations Shift Team troubleshooting and leadership skills development
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- GCE ‘O’ or “N’ level passes in English, Mathematics and a Science or a good Diploma/NITEC in Chemical Engineering or Chemical Process Technology
- Must be prepared to work on 12 hours rotating shift
- An effective team player with good communication skills
- Strong commitment to Infineum Health, Safety, Security and Environment [HSSE] and quality core values
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and motivated to develop new skills and progress as an individual