We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
Our brand is based on Collaboration, which is something we promote both internally with our colleagues, and externally with our customers, suppliers, trusted partners and our community. We strive to make a positive impact in the multi-cultural communities in which we operate.
The Community Relations Coordinator acts as the outreach representative at Infineum’s Linden NJ Business & Technology Center and our Bayway Manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter with experience in public relations/community organizing, event planning and coordination. The Community Relations Coordinator must manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have strong organizational, administrative, writing, and networking skills while adhering to program deadlines. Ultimately, this role is responsible for identifying and implementing outreach activities that will help to achieve Infineum’s community engagement, inclusiveness and diversity and sustainability objectives.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
The Community Relations Coordinator performs a wide range of duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintains organizational memberships while acting as the main contact for community organizations, including attending all meetings and events.
- Coordinates volunteering opportunities for both Linden & Bayway sites.
- Manages budget for and makes all charitable contributions to local organizations.
- Works in concert with Human Resources to connect our investment in educational institutions with careers opportunities for local talent.
- Aids in the development, organization, and execution of marketing materials, programs and events that align with Infineum brand mission and supports the organization’s goals.
- Identifies potential sponsors and coordinates community outreach in support of events and programs; assists with the development of grant applications or proposals.
- Cultivates relationships with stakeholders within the business community as well as community residents to provide information about events and initiatives.
- Aids in the collection of data to evaluate programs, events, and digital campaigns; creating analytic reports to assess overall program effectiveness in supporting Infineum’s community engagement, inclusiveness and diversity, and sustainability objectives.
- Shares the responsibility of being on-site event coordinator for VIP visits, site colleague events and local implementation of corporate strategic initiatives.
- Maintains and frequently updates a detailed database of all community partners members and media contacts.
- General office responsibilities include phone, filing, mail/email inquiries, office supplies and carries out all administration duties that the Plant Manager, Manufacturing team, or Management may require.
- Administrator of Community Awareness Operations Integrity Management System and Responsible Care Management System as it correlates to the OIMS system.
- Engages with the Corporate Communications Team to support communication of corporate initiatives presented to colleagues within both sites.
- Supports colleagues as “Champions” for community and onsite events.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned.
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Internal and external networking
- Oral and written communication
- Organization and time management
- Basic data analysis
- Cross-functional exposure to all parts of Infineum’s organization and business
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- 3+ years prior experience in community relations, brand management public relations, non-profit or corporate philanthropy environments preferred.
- Must exhibit a passion for being a champion of company brand and identity in the community
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills with internal teams and external partners.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to projects.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel and PPT).
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefitsCommunity outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
- Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
- Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation