We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
The Performance Testing Coordinator will work in the Global Engineering Team reporting directly to an Engineer within the Marketing and Technology group. This group delivers a high quality and innovative service providing solutions to the Technology Group, which has responsibility for the development of new lubricants.
A critical part of this development process is to demonstrate the performance of these lubricant technologies in the real world in tests that are designed to have severe operating conditions in harsh environments. The results are then shared with the original engine manufacturers (OEM) and our customers.
The Performance Testing Coordinator is responsible for designing and organising these activities from interpreting the Technology Group’s needs through to the engine inspection. You will work closely with the OEMs, key suppliers and customers. The variety of work will provide the successful candidate with a great opportunity to develop both technical and non-technical skills. Training will be provided where required.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Work closely with the Engineer and the Technologists to design and coordinate their field testing requirements.
• Coordinate the field testing activities with external contacts (i.e. vehicle manufacturers and external vehicle operators).
• Develop cost estimates for field trials and closely monitor the costs of trials in operation.
• Assist in setting up field trials using external fleet testing organizations.
• Administer the field trials, maintaining close control over the operation and used oil analysis monitoring.
• Provide technical report of the outcomes of field trials to the Technologists.
• Provide diagnostic and root cause analysis support for internal and external field test owners.
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned.
What skills will you gain from this role?
• Exposure to engine manufacturers (OEM) and our customers future lubrication development needs.
• Further development of negotiation and influencing skills through the interaction with Engine OEMs, General Managers of Logistic and Service Entities
• Training at Engine OEMs/Dealers on future engine models and control systems
• Program management skills as related to the management of multiple field test sites
• Leadership skills as related to the supervision of engine installation and disassembly activities performed by dealership and fleet service technicians
• Develop engine rating skills to evaluate lubricant performance
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• Highschool diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Diesel/Natural Gas engines used in Truck, Stationary & Marine applications
• Collaborative and works well within a team
• Attention to detail, completes and documents activities in a timely manner
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and different cultures
• Familiarization with the inner workings of Dealership and Fleet Service organizations
• Knowledge of engine components
• Engine component rating and measurement techniques