We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
This position will lead improvement of the reliability of fixed equipment and civil infrastructure at a US manufacturing site to ensure safety and a high degree of reliability and performance. Successful candidate will directly interface at times coordinate inspection and repair activities with safety, maintenance, project and process personnel as well as contractors. Successful candidate will also be expected to assist in the development and review of equipment designs for expansion projects and plant improvement projects. Also, the successful candidate will be expected to be a key contributor to the maintenance organizations by providing technical direction, troubleshooting, and guidance on maintenance practices and preventative maintenance techniques.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Work with maintenance section to improve plant's fixed equipment and civil infrastructure to ensure a high level of reliability and capability in line with business priorities
• Investigate, analyze and determine root causes of failures or inherent defects in equipment/piping and recommend solutions
• Utilize knowledge and experience of reliability concepts to create maintenance strategy for fixed assets
• Maintenance knowledge of heat exchangers, tanks, towers, vessels, reactors, cooling towers and furnace
• Work with Maintenance to develop long term plan for upgrading of and improvement to fixed equipment and civil infrastructure
• Support implementing the corrosion program to identify, detect, and mange corrosion of piping systems
• Provide expert view and knowledge to assist plant Inspection engineer to develop, maintain and implement maintenance and inspection procedures for fixed equipment and civil infrastructure
• Implement reliability centered maintenance process to continuously upgrade performance and the reliability of the facilities
• Reviews and approves the designs and calculations of outside engineering consultants in matters concerning the engineering / mechanical effort for all projects
• Provide input to management of change and capital projects to ensure that applicable code and regulatory requirements are met
• Provide Non-Process Quality Control input and advice for new capital projects fixed equipment and civil infrastructure
• Lead effort to research and implement technological and material advances for fixed equipment and infrastructure that will increase reliability and/or decrease maintenance cost
• Pro-actively seek out cost savings and reliability enhancement opportunities for Infineum
• Conduct cold eyes hazard/operability reviews of new equipment designs and existing equipment
• Work with Global Engineering and other Fixed Equipment Specialist to develop and updated fixed equipment standards and guidelines
• Provide technical support, modify, and/or develop preventative maintenance practices to improve reliability, optimize maintenance resources, while minimizing process downtime
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• A background in corrosion analysis, prevention and programs is a plus
• Good working knowledge of applicable codes and practices (all not required):
o XOM GP & DP
o ASME BPVC Sections II, V, VIII and IX
o Non-Destructive Testing: UT, RT, MT, PT
• A self-starter with good communication skills
• Independent, adaptable and takes well to challenges
• Enthusiastic and motivated to develop new skills and progress as an individual
• Team player with strong drive to deliver against commitments
• Strong commitment to HSSE and quality values
What We Offer:
• The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
• High levels of project management responsibilities
• Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
• Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
• Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
• Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
• Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
• Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
• Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation