Infineum is a specialty chemicals company whose purpose is to create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry. A joint venture between Shell and Exxon Mobil, Infineum is one of the world leaders in the formulation, manufacturing and marketing of petroleum additives for lubricants and fuels with operations and production facilities worldwide. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and business and technology centres in the UK, USA, Singapore and China, there's never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
The Reynolds Facility is the Infineum Headquarters’ Pilot Plant. It is where blends are completed that are a larger scale than our laboratories and a smaller scale than our manufacturing plants. The Reynolds Facility is made up of three main areas: the blending facility, barrel storage and waste management.
Reporting to the Facility Leader, the Facility Operator conducts storage/sampling, blending, waste management and associated operations for the Milton Hill Technology Centre. They are responsible for the safe receipt, storage, decanting of samples, safe manufacture of larger scale blends and final filtration of products used for engine testing and customer sampling. The role also involves safely handling and disposal of both Reynolds and Technology Centre chemical waste, maintenance of inventory, stock taking and tasks associated with the upkeep of inventory in the facility.
The facility operates a daytime shift working pattern that alternates weekly. The Facility Operator would be required to work this pattern.
Shift One - 6.00am until 2.00pm Monday – Friday
Shift Two - 11.30am until 7.30pm Monday – Thursday
10.00am until 6.00pm on a Friday
The Facility Operator receives an allowance for working the above shift pattern.
- Maintain high standards of safety and housekeeping
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group
- Work as part of a team
- Carry out activities in a way that meets safety, technical and quality standards with minimal supervision
- Blending of finished oils and packages to tight tolerances
- Receiving, decanting and shipping of samples requested via site inventory system
- Maintain high standards of inventory control and chemical waste management control
- Ultimately will be expected to be interchangeable with all roles in the Facility
- Any other roles/activities as required
- Expand skills in logistics, pilot-plant and chemical waste handling/disposal procedures and operations
- Opportunity to interact across technology groups
- Familiarisation of additive applications within lubes technology
- A high regard for both safety and quality
- Ability to work independently, proactively or as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and motivation to succeed in the role
- A customer focussed approach
- Attention to detail
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- A Fork Lift Truck licence or be prepared to undertake training in this area.