The Fixed Equipment Maintenance Technician will safely perform millwright work under general supervision.
This is a union position.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Read blueprints to determine work procedures, to construct foundations, assemble, dismantle and overhaul machinery and equipment using hoists, pulleys, dollies, rollers and trucks.
- Provide troubleshooting and analysis of pneumatic, steam, water and process systems.
- Familiar with hand and power tools (such as wrenches, pry bars, wedges, grinders, drills, band saws, pipe threading machines and dies). May be required to make customized parts or repairs.
- Must work within precise limits of accuracy at heights without fear.
- Must be able to use step-by-step procedures in work, planning, solving problems and decision making based on quantifiable information.
- A focus on millwright responsibilities may result in up to 25% of the job geared toward scaffold building.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- 3 years or more experience in power generation, refinery, chemical, pharmaceutical, paint/polymer, cosmetics, food or automotive industries.
- Thorough knowledge of load bearing equipment capabilities and understanding of blueprints and technical instructions.
- Strong pipefitting experience.
- Oxyacetylene cutting experience.
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics, hydraulic and pneumatics, and additional components involved in the process (such as valves, pumps, compressors and piping).
- Scaffold building experience including carpenter skills.
Crane certification or operation is desired.
- Microsoft Outlook and basic computer skills preferred.
SAP experience desired.