Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for lubricants and fuels. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations.
We are seeking a Technologist for the Fuels Component and Formulation (CFS) group. The Fuels component and formulation science group is responsible for developing a wide range of fuel additives that enhance existing fuel properties (such as cold flow and lubricity) and bring unique performance features to enable fuel marketers to differentiate their products from automotive diesel fuels to marine fuels.
CFS is also responsible to underpin fundamental understanding across a variety of segments. The team works closely in collaboration with Technical Sales, Marketing, Component and Formulation Science (CFS) colleagues and our external customers to:
- Optimise our fuel additive product portfolio
- Develop new business opportunities
Key elements of the Technologist role are to deliver solutions to meet increasingly challenging market demands. The successful candidate will have a chemistry or applied science educational background and/or relevant experience, well developed interpersonal skills, technical project management and will be innovative and committed to delivering technology leadership.
What we can expect from you
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group.
- Innovative and creative approaches to identify opportunities to improve processes and tools to develop our formulation methodologies.
- Lead projects and contribute to the formulation, development and deployment of next generation fuel additives.
- Supervise and develop chemists providing colleague mentoring and development coaching.
- Interface effectively with our internal and external customers.
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Project management
- Building networks across functions
- Developing cutting edge technology
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- A strong scientific background demonstrated by industrial research experience or a PhD in chemistry/chemical engineering or equivalent scientific discipline
- A chemical knowledge of asphaltene behaviour and/or experience of chemically addressing this in a crude/fuel oil environment could be of particular interest
- The ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation.
- The ability to work effectively as an individual, in groups and as part of cross-functional teams, across multiple cultures, on a wide portfolio of projects to deliver value to the customer.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and be able to manage and deliver product development projects with agility, time-sensitivity and high energy