We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
In this role you will use core accounting, financial, and analytical skills to carry out the accounting, problem solving, and business reasoning activities needed to ensure accurate financial reporting for Infineum USA and its compliance with internal business and financial procedures. Since Trade Compliance is part of Infineum’s Finance function, this role also supports Infineum USA’s activities related to Imports Compliance and Free Trade Agreements.
This is a developmental role intended to provide broad exposure to Infineum’s Finance, Business, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing functions. The successful candidate will work closely with members of the Infineum Finance staff in the US and with Finance, Business, and Supply Chain functions in the US, Europe, Latin America, and Asia. The successful candidate will be open to rotating out of Finance and into other functions as part of her or his career development within Infineum.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Carry out month-end and year-end Financial close activities. This means using SAP transactions to make financial entries, coordinating with contacts within Finance and other Business functions to ensure that complete and accurate information is received in time for the close, and applying accounting reasoning and judgement as needed to support the close.
- Support the Finance Manager with monthly balance sheet reviews and reconciliations, P & L inquiries, and cash flow forecasts.
- Analyze Canadian GST / HST tax information related to Infineum US’s sales into Canada and file the appropriate tax returns.
- Support the Assistant Finance Manager in preparing information for Infineum US’s annual federal and state income tax returns. Prepare and submit various federal and state excise, sales, use and spill tax returns. Coordinate with internal and external outside consultants on various property and asset tax filings.
- For the US’s Trade Compliance Team, conduct post-entry reviews for Infineum USA’s imports. This includes conducting audits to assess the quality of imports information, working with Infineum USA’s customs broker, and tracking various import compliance metrics. This role also conducts inquiries of Infineum USA’s products to determine if they qualify under various Free Trade Agreements and issues Free Trade certificates or other documentation as needed. Additionally, the role will support Infineum’s duty drawback programs, which utilize regulations to minimize Infineum US’s duty obligations. The successful candidate will receive on the job, hands-on training from the US’s Trade Compliance Team in order to carry out these activities.
- Respond to general accounting and financial inquiries from Business and Supply Chain functions by gathering, reviewing, interpreting and summarizing data, making recommendations, and posting the appropriate accounting entries.
- Support the Finance Manager and the Trade Compliance function to accomplish Finance, Business and Supply Chain targets by participating in and completing financial and business projects as needed.
- Carry out routine accounting tasks associated with the General Accountant role, such as payroll posting and monitoring, and routine attests.
- Maintain up-to-date job knowledge by keeping current with financial and tax regulations and accepted accounting practices, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and participating in relevant professional organizations.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills. This means demonstrated analytical abilities and the willingness to take the initiative to ask questions, challenge assumptions, and to think flexibly when solving problems and seeking opportunities to simplify business processes. Included are the abilities to research Infineum-related accounting and business issues and the abilities to organize, analyze and present information in a manner which enables you to make sound decisions and communicate clearly.
- The ability to work independently on routine tasks and collaboratively as an inclusive team player when working on projects involving colleagues in other functions and other geographic regions.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, emotional maturity, and resilience, as well as the ability to persevere in and learn from challenging circumstances.
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to balance multiple work priorities at the same time.
Knowledge / Experience:
- A BA / BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is required. Demonstrated progress towards and commitment to completing a CPA certification or an MBA degree is a plus.
- While we will consider a recent graduate, we will favor candidates with 2 – 5 years of Accounting or Finance experience in a professional work environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are also required. Experience with SAP is preferred. Exposure to data analytics and business digitalization projects is also a plus.
- Spanish and / or Portuguese language skills are also a plus.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
- Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
- Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
- Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
- Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation