We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
Provide effective leadership of the global Power Transmission Fluid (PTF) category (worth approx. 50 M$) and expertise in the field, linking the external marketplace with internal business needs through development and execution of category sourcing strategy, including establishing regional supply/tolling sources. Set strategy as needed for high value and / or complex global contracts, supporting the global strategies set forth by PTF Business Unit.
Explore and secure new raw material and component sources in growth market across all categories.
Establish and deploy novel approaches to source effectively mid-range and tail end raw material and component spend across all categories (approx. 100 M$).
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Develop deep knowledge in the PTF category including global marketplace awareness, technical drivers, internal needs and external capabilities.
- Develop category strategies for the raw material and components in the PTF category ensuring alignment with business requirements and the external marketplace, proactively seeking cost savings opportunities for Infineum.
- Develop new raw material and component sources (including tolling options) in growth markets across all categories and for working with other global category leaders and with regional sourcing leaders to develop and execute sourcing strategies accordingly
- Deliver strategic sourcing plans, supplier segmentation assessments and buying channel assignment, with associated contracting strategies aligned to Business needs.
- Execute sourcing strategies through work direction and stewardship of Regional Sourcing leader and Buyer activities
- Conduct supplier sourcing risk assessments, with associated relationship strategies and business continuity plans, aligned to Business needs and maintain strategic / director level relationships with key suppliers.
- Run RFQ and conduct effective negotiation of global / strategic contracts per the category strategy to deliver savings.
- Ensure overall category compliance with Procurement & Finance control processes, self-assessment and in-line review schedules internally and external audits
- Provide guidance/leadership to Procurement and Client colleagues for Procurement processes (e.g. GARP adherence, Purchase to Pay processes, etc).
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned.
What skills will you gain from this role?
- A global exposure to global and complex projects
- Internal and external collaborations to drive “best for Infineum” solutions
- Coordinating and/or leading diverse groups of Infineum and 3rd parties services and work closely with Supply Chain organization
- Commercial and negotiations
- Strategic thinking
- Influence and directing
- Prioritizing and managing multiple priorities
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Engineering, supply chain management, operations or business degree is preferred
- Extensive previous experience in both commercial roles as Procurement or Sales, and supply chain functions, with proven leadership capability
- External focus
- Passion about results and delivering impact and sustainable profitable growth
- Strong relationship building and teamwork skills
- Business acumen
- An understanding of corporate strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward them
- Communicate effectively and build good relationships both internally and externally, being able to represent Infineum at 3rd parties
- Ability to work in a complex and challenging environment consisting of multiple internal and external interfaces, resolve exceptions and negotiate best alternatives.
- Demonstrate solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and independent
- Tenacity to drive change and implement new things to deliver stretch growth targets
- Strong desire to take ownership and accountability without fear and to accept responsibility for business outcomes
- Fit for risk approach and decision making to apply adequate risk management and ensure focus on the highest value, business critical areas
- A One Infineum mindset to look at E2E processes x-functionally and do what is best for Infineum
- A good command of English and knowledge of another language, e.g., Chinese will be an added advantage
- Membership in professional organizations, trade or user groups, and a pattern of regular attendance at industry conferences to enhance their knowledge of supply chain sourcing and procurement — desired