We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
Lead the Global Infrastructure Team, which supports all IT Infrastructure services critical to Infineum operation. Reporting to the Global IT Director, the successful candidate will manage the team to provide reliable, secure and cost-effective Infrastructure services. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work under pressure, required in this role to deliver 24x7 critical operational services, through a globally dispersed team of internal colleagues and external service providers. Rigor to continually maintain service stability and meet Service Level Agreements, together with innovation to identify and implement service improvements and cost efficiencies provides an exciting and challenging opportunity.
Related dimensions of the role include:
- Lead 3 teams – hosting; network and end user services – with a total of 23 colleagues
- As a member of the IT Leadership Team, develop the overall IT strategy as well as execute on the strategy
- Develop a vision for future infrastructure support and improve infrastructure services in a fast-changing external environment, leveraging external best practices
- Manage the existing services to provide 24/7 “always on” service to 2500 globally dispersed end users
- Explore cloud service opportunities and ensure an appropriate balance between “on premise” and cloud services for our business
- Ensure security and controls are in place and fully effective
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Demonstrate strong customer centricity
- Role model Infineum values and leadership behaviours
- As a member of the IT Leadership Team:
- Support the Global IT Director to develop and implement both the IT strategy and the company digital strategy.
- Build the capability of the IT function, through talent management meetings; identifying and proactively developing talent aligned with diversity and succession targets.
- Inspire, develop and empower the Infrastructure team across multiple sites. Work planning and resource utilization/ balancing to ensure colleagues are motivated and can thrive, while ensuring operational stability, continuous improvement and project execution.
- Developing colleagues via honest feedback, coaching and allowing them space to grow, while holding them accountable to their deadlines.
- Broaden Infrastructure team skill sets into vendor and service management while retaining core technical / engineering skills.
- Accountable for applying the comprehensive Service Management Framework (SMF), ensuring the effective delivery of all IT Infrastructure services, including:
- Data centres and servers
- Application Hosting
- Unified Communications services
- Service Desk and end-user support.
- PC load-set, configuration, software distribution, virus management
- Global Network and Voice services
- Mobile services including secure mobile device management
- User provisioning and security access administration
- Visibly support safety in the workplace and lead other site initiatives
- Manage external service providers (currently WAN and Service Desk). Ensure services provided meet SLA including adherence to Infineum security and control practices.
- Accountable for Infrastructure fixed cost budget. Meet the IT targets for fixed cost efficiencies by exploiting new service offerings, re-negotiating contracts with service providers and reducing support effort for established services.
- Engineer integrated solutions taking advantage of technology advances e.g. cloud services.
- Commercial, risk & financial acumen
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of IT policies
- Design and implement authentication strategy
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Leadership of a global service team with internal colleagues dispersed in many locations
- Relationship building with senior and key business management
- External vendor management
- Exposure to 3rd parties (companies, networking groups, consultants, vendors etc.) – necessary to remain abreast of trends in a fast moving and ever evolving industry
A successful candidate is likely to have
- Degree in Business / Computer Science or equivalent.
- More than 15 years working experience in IT industry.
- Substantial, broad, and recent experience in a senior IT role including technical understanding and competency
- Strong knowledge about various aspects of IT and IT infrastructure so as to recommend best systems for the company
- Good understanding of IT Operating Model and Network Framework
- Familiar with large-scale, high volume applications setup
- Experience in managing complex IT and communication systems, services and infrastructure as well as managing the response to complex IT incidents
- Experience in managing virtualized server and cloud-hosted environments
- Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of information and digital developments and their potential to contribute to the provision of effective and efficient response to business needs
- Have in-depth technical expertise at expert level in environments employing Windows server, Exchange email and Active Directory
- Significant knowledge of cloud service provision and management
- Significant experience in Vendor management
- Experience of managing significant change programs
- Experience and proven competency in leading remote / global teams inclusively
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong people and stakeholder management
- Project management capability, including global project roll-out of significant scale / complexity
- Flexibility and resiliency; able to prioritize to meet often conflicting objectives
- Ambition and drive to progress to more senior roles
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet operational challenges and to also implement efficiencies and improvements
- Demonstrate understanding and passion for the role IT can play in driving business value
- Ability to work effectively in both an insourced as well as outsourced operational delivery model