We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to join our HR team in Cologne.
Reporting to the HR Operations Manager, this role leads a small HR team delivering a true generalist offering for 200 employees in Germany. The incumbent is a member of the global community of HR managers and practitioners actively contributing to global HR projects and initiatives.
KEY OUTPUTS: WHAT WE CAN EXPECT FROM YOU
- A key member of the Cologne leadership team, providing challenge, best practice and strategic direction on people and organisational matters
- Support functional line leaders with all aspects of people management. Lead on employee relations cases, manage recruitment, act as business partner for several functions.
- Lead HR operations for Germany to deliver the complete range of HR services including
- Staff selection, recruitment, induction and development
- Compensation, benefits and payroll
- Works Council and employee relations
- HR quality systems and procedures
- Employment and contractual legal advice to leaders
- Change management support and advice
- Ensure compliance with necessary contractual and legal obligations, working with Leaders and Colleague representatives to deliver change as required
- Manage local providers for country-specific services (such as payroll, occupational health, salary surveys, benefits, insurance etc). and maintain effective relationships with relevant government bodies.
- Oversee local design, administration, revision and delivery of country level benefits plans
- Responsible for budgeting and stewardship of HR fixed costs
- Actively review HR policies, procedures and practices in line with digitalisation, simplification and automation opportunities and in support of our desired employee experience
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM THIS ROLE?
- The opportunity to work locally and globally with a wide variety of functions and leaders
- The opportunity to drive our people strategy
- The opportunity to learn from market best practices
- Negotiation skills, project management including implementing change
- Critical thinking
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE IS LIKELY TO HAVE:
- Extensive generalist HR experience including employee relations, German employment law, compensation and benefits. Minimum experience level: 5 years.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing organisation or organisation with similar demands, preferably multinationals and ideally in the chemical sector is beneficial.
- Strong ability to build trusted relationships through a professional but personable approach with leadership, representative bodies and employees at all levels
- Proactive and able to take initiative to constantly improve the HR offerings to the business under minimal supervision
- Ability to use sound judgement and seek guidance with confidential issues as needed
- Relevant Master degree in HR Management, Economics, or Social Sciences or comparable education
- Knowledge of legislation and regulatory requirements and ability to interpret applicability to Infineum
- Understanding and appreciation of the strategic impact of HR on organisational performance and change management. Having managed some change projects preferred
- Familiarity with international environments
- Native or excellent German speaker and fluent in English
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Permanent contract in full time in the non-tariff area
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international environment
- Flexible working hours and forms
- Comprehensive health management
- Attractive remuneration
- Extensive social benefits
- Competitive pension scheme
- Subsidised lunch
- Sports club membership
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts