We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
This challenging role is critical to delivering "Nobody Gets Hurt" at the Bayway Chemical Plant. The HSSE Leader is a key member of the Bayway Leadership Team and leads the Bayway HSSE department responsible for Personal Safety, Security, and Environmental Compliance. While experience in a Chemical Plant in a must, expertise in Safety administration is not a necessary requirement and training will be provided as required.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- A strong contributor to the Site Leadership team
- Supervise the site HSSE Department responsible for Personal Safety, Security and Environmental Compliance (5 team members and 2 direct reports)
- Oversee site remediation activities at site
- Key contributor for sustainability activities and site representative with corporate program
- Accountable for environmental and regulatory compliance at site
- structured HSSE management system for operations and distribution
- Sponsor for a number of key site HSSE management systems
- Responsible for site security and interfaces with P66
- Coordinate support for Supply Chain and Third Party Processing as needed
- Assign HSSE resources for projects
- Lead or participate on several site HSSE committees (SOIC, OIAC)
- Serve as site’s Regulatory Affairs contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- A Chemical Engineering degree with 10+ years of experience
- Practical exposure to and understanding of chemical manufacturing environments
- Proven analytical and problem solving capabilities
- An ability to work collaboratively with all site functions and external stakeholders
- An ability to influence colleagues at all levels
- A willingness to act on their own initiative and be responsive to the needs of others
- An ability to plan and prioritise their own time (and that of others) to achieve objectives
- Demonstrated innovation – ability to bring new ideas to keep programs fresh
- Excellent communication skills - an ability to present advice and recommendations clearly and effectively
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
- Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
- Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
- Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
- Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation