We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
This role will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the personal safety and health program, by providing technical and administration support with direction from the HSSE Advisor to include OSHA, Responsible Care, and other regulatory and industry best practice initiatives at LBTC.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
Records & Documentation:
- Chemical Inventory Oversight
- Capture HSSE Committee Minutes and track follow-up items resulting from discussion
- Update HSSE event reporting database and track/analyse trends; responsible for tracking follow-ups associated with near miss/incident reporting
- Responsible for tracking progress toward safety performance goals
- Maintain and update the HSSE SharePoint site
- Assist with the on-going development and update the HSSE handbook
- Maintain files – training records, etc.
- Coordinate with Learning Management System Administrator for all aspects of HSSE training and training assignments
- Develop, maintain, and update HSSE training in Infineum’s Learning Management System
- Conduct training classes (ex: respiratory protection) and coordinate third party HSSE training
Analyzing/Assessing Work Environment practices/procedures to identify and correct hazards and ensure compliance with regulations as well as industry best practices:
- Administrate assigned safety and health management systems
- Conduct PPE assessments and respirator fit tests
- Assist with the collection of Industrial Hygiene samples
- Conduct chemical and physical hazard assessments/inspections
- Assist with near miss/incident investigations
- Produce written reports
- Conduct face to face meetings with all levels of the organization
- Create HSSE awareness communications
Any additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Bachelor’s degree; good understanding of chemistry or chemical engineering, safety, or public health
- Strong interest in health and safety with 0-3 years relevant experience (ex. through internships, course work, research, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to demonstrate and convey concepts to large and small audiences of various levels
- Knowledge of Regulatory Requirements (ex: OSHA regulations, Infineum Health and Safety Standards, etc.)
- Strong Computer Skills
- Learning Management System
- Ability to work independently, with excellent team building skills
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
- Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
- Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
- Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
- Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation