A vacancy has arisen for a Laboratory Operator to join the Blending Centre of Excellence, Technology Services Team. The principal activity of this team is to provide laboratory support to the lubricant technology groups at Milton Hill. The role involves preparation of formulations, scheduling tests, dispatching samples and general lab activities. This role will also offer some support to the broader Technology Services areas.
This role will be reporting to the Lab Group Leader.
What you will be doing
• Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group.
• Preparation and blending of formulations following predefined systems and procedures in line with deadlines and priorities.
• Keep impeccable records of results in notebook and technology systems.
• Run or schedule analytical tests to evaluate performance and reporting of data/observations.
• Shipment of samples to specified destinations.
• Interact and communicate effectively with internal contacts as required to conduct laboratory work.
• Carry out activities in a way that meets technical and quality standards with minimal supervision.
• Ad-hoc work activities within the wider Technology Services group.
• Support training of new starters and colleagues in Technology groups.
• Support activities to allow effective lab operations.
What will you gain from this role?
• Understanding of the lubricant additives industry.
• Develop knowledge in performance testing, lubrication science and analytical testing.
• Opportunity to interact across technology groups and build communication skills.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Strong commitment to HSSE and quality values.
- Some lab-based experience.
- Ability to drive work forward to meet research targets and timelines.
- Demonstration of effective multi-tasking, prioritisation and time-management skills whilst maintaining high standards of work.