We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
The Laboratory Chemist role will provide technical support for the Bayway QC Lab. Activities will range from new equipment commissioning, equipment troubleshooting, calibration and maintenance of instruments, oversight of materials and spare parts, maintaining and enhancing lab safety. This role will also be responsible for updating of procedures and training of lab technicians and lab trainers where required. The role will have tasks aligned with compliance to IQP 3.3 and the ITM 70-XXX series supporting Infineum’s ISO9001 certification. This role will also provide backfill support for Bayway Lab Leader and will also report to the Bayway Lab Leader. Key interfaces will include the Bayway Lab Team, Bayway Technical Team, Manufacturing Operations, Technical Manager, and MFT Analytical, Instrument OEM representatives, plus Infineum colleagues performing similar roles in other regions.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Strong technical support for Bayway Lab
• Support of operations of Bayway Lab – Safety, Quality, and Reliability
• Effective management of Bayway Lab Assets – Commissioning, maintenance, and quality control
• Interactions with Lab Technicians for routine operations and continuous improvement
• Ensuring compliance with IQP 3.3 and ITM 70-XXX series requirements specific to Bayway Lab
• Additional responsibilities as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
• Deep understanding laboratory equipment and operations
• Data preparation, analysis and interpretation
• Good documentation and organizational practices
• Enhanced troubleshooting skills
• Project management and execution
• Mentorship of lab technicians
• Multi-level and multi-regional communications
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• B.S. degree, preferably in chemistry or a science-related field
• Hands-on lab equipment experience
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
• Capability to both plan/execute work independently and as part of a team
• Strong awareness of safety practices, particularly related to a lab environment