The role will provide key technical support to laboratory activities and key projects within a cross functional team comprising around 25 colleagues. The Laboratory Operator will support the development of flow chemistry for small molecule and polymer synthesis in the Design and Synthesis team. The role offers an opportunity to support a wide range of technical activities and develop understanding in a key area of Infineum’s business.
- Contribute to the high safety standard of the group.
- Characterise by established methodologies, novel materials synthesised in our labs.
- Running rigs and screeners to understand the performance benefits of our novel compounds.
- Support quality control and equipment maintenance within the laboratories.
- Contribute to the management of laboratory chemical waste streams.
- Support quality control and maintenance of equipment within the laboratory.
- Support electronic record keeping of laboratory (experimental) activities.
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Knowledge of analytical and flow chemistry procedures.
- Knowledge of the Lubricant Additives Industry.
- Logical thinking to influence, simplify & improve laboratory operations.
- Experience working in a well equipped industrial research laboratory.
- Effective communication with a variety of team members, internal and external customers.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Strong commitment to Infineum HSE and quality values.
- Scientific background.
- Ability to drive work forward to meet research targets and timelines.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective time-management skills whilst maintaining high standards of work.
- Capability in summarising, documenting and presenting results clearly on his / her work.
- Experience of working in a chemical laboratory preferred.
Infineum operates a flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs wherever appropriate. Infineum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.