The primary purpose of the IL Advisor is to create value through the identification and progression of business opportunities and to ensure that Infineum products are approved according to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and / or Industry guidelines within the field of Heavy Duty Diesel and Passenger Car lubricants as well as emerging E-fluids. You will be responsible for maintaining & growing relationships as well as developing new channels of interaction with OEMs during a critical time in the industry.
The role is key to the implementation of the IL strategy through engaging & influencing key decision makers. You will do this through your OEM relationships as well as Tier 1 suppliers to achieve approvals, gain insights on hardware direction and cultivating strategic OEM/Tier 1 collaborations through different engagement. The role is critical to influence the OEM business strategy for Europe by developing new opportunities and understanding of the commercial landscape of the OEM.
The role inputs into and influences the OEM /Tier 1/ Industry specification strategy towards Infineum desired business objectives as well as best practice through strong personal relationships, understanding and effective communication.
The role has a regional focus with a critical worldwide element for global OEMs/Tier 1 suppliers headquartered in region and / or representation on regional Industry Groups.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
Support OEM & Business Strategy Implementation
- Work directly with OEMs & Tier 1 suppliers and/or industry groups to achieve desired Infineum IL outcomes aligned with business and / or OEM strategies
- Provide inputs to the business on industry drivers, trends & needs to support the long-term planning process
- Provide, create and drive OEM strategy focussed on account plans
- Report back and support internally to OEM needs
- Attend conferences & actively participate in industry forums to provide insight into OEM trends
Influence and Persuasion
- Build strong personal relationships with key decision makers in OEMs/Tier 1 suppliers and/or Industry groups to maximise leverage and influence in achieving Infineum goals
- Input into, or work with key OEMs and industry groups on topics of strategic significance
- Monitor and assess competitive behaviour within industry and at OEM/Tier 1 supplier level
- Exhibit high levels of personal ethics and integrity, to ensure Infineum and legal values are never compromised
- Support (and manage where appropriate) the development of confidentiality agreements with strategic OEMs
- Provide and maintain up to date training material for both internal and external use relating to OEM/Industry activity
- Prioritise resource demands (OEM vs. Industry vs. Internal requests)
- Support short term business needs requiring OEM engagement
- Share experience and contribute to ideation across the IL team in Europe
What skills will you gain from this role?
Each IL colleague brings a unique skillset to the IL role. In this role the colleague will:
- Broaden their understanding of the Infineum business segments by being at the forefront of our industry as a key contact point
- Become exposed to the global nature of the OEM and Infineum business projects
- Develop and enhance their negotiating skills
- Develop and enhance presentation and delivery skills
- Actively engage with global teams - internally and externally
- Self-autonomous working across multiple project teams
- Demonstrate and grow leadership skills
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Engaging and professional approach to developing customer relationships - critical skill, both at the OEM/Tier 1, in industry groups and with major strategic customers
- Commercial Acumen Focus - recognises the potential commercial impact of industry or OEM actions and proactively feeds back into the organisation
- Leadership - no direct reports, but the role holder should display strong Infineum leadership behaviours
- Technical Knowledge/Awareness - highly desirable to have some formulation or engineering background for credibility at the OEMs
- Influence & Negotiation - critical skill – a strong candidate will be capable of persuasion both internally and externally
- Language - Region and role specific but having local working OEM language capability an advantage (e.g. French, German and English)
Infineum operates a flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs wherever appropriate. Infineum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.