We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
Lubricant Technologist provides technical support to our target lubricant-blending customer, conducts and documents field trials, engine and bench test programs to qualify Infineum’s engine oil additives for these customers, and helps them enhance the value proposition of their products in the marketplace.
This role will be part of the North America team supporting primarily Gas Engine/Railroad products and potentially Marine products, to serve customers in North and South America regions.. An understanding of customer needs is pivotal, delivery against customer needs through the application of additive technologies and viscosity modifiers in specific base stock and performance needs. The role requires collaboration with Sales, Marketing colleagues, and Technology colleagues in other regions. The successful candidate will provide direct technical support to a group of customers and is the focal point for technical information and support for lubes products and information.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Provide product recommendations and technical support data directly to assigned customers across the Americas region.
• Plan, execute and document field tests, engine and bench testing approval programs.
• Develop and maintain performance claims documentation of Lubes products, including technical information for market general or customer-specific products.
• Carrying out bespoke product development and / or technical collaboration programs as required by customers and OEMs.
• Work closely with Sales and marketing colleagues on product value positioning to identify key/emerging business opportunity
• Develop customer relationship and explore collaboration opportunities
• Any other responsibilities as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
The position is directly exposed to the customer interface and will provide one with a unique learning opportunity and perspective to appreciate the inter-relationships between Marketing & Technology, Supply and Sales. One will be given technical responsibility for customer accounts, projects and activities with a clear connection to the market, from idea conception through commercialization of new products. There is a possibility to develop varied technical expertise, an understanding of how additives and lubricants work inside the complex environment of a combustion engine for gas, railroad and marine engines, and an insightful view on how the engine oils of the future are created through the work of equipment manufacturers, lubricant and additive companies.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• B.S. Chemical Engineering or other technical background required
• Minimum 5 years or more of customer facing and product development experience required
• Excellent technical communication (written, verbal and presentation skills) Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, environment.
• Able to identify and understand customer needs, manage expectations and deliver on commitments while building relationships at the customer interface
• Ability to effectively balance work priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Knowledge of lubricant industry, lubricant formulation or technology development activities would be advantageous.
• Strong commitment to Infineum safety and quality values.
What We Offer:
• The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
• High levels of project management responsibilities
• Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
• Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
• Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
• Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
• Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
• Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams, and secure onsite parking