We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
The Fixed Equipment Maintenance Technician will safely perform millwright work under general supervision.
This is a union position.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Read blueprints to determine work procedures, to construct foundations, assemble, dismantle and overhaul machinery and equipment using hoists, pulleys, dollies, rollers and trucks.
- Provide troubleshooting and analysis of pneumatic, steam, water and process systems.
- Familiar with hand and power tools (such as wrenches, pry bars, wedges, grinders, drills, band saws, pipe threading machines and dies). May be required to make customized parts or repairs.
- Must work within precise limits of accuracy at heights without fear.
- Must be able to use step-by-step procedures in work, planning, solving problems and decision making based on quantifiable information.
- A focus on millwright responsibilities may result in up to 25% of the job geared toward scaffold building.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- 3 years or more experience in power generation, refinery, chemical, pharmaceutical, paint/polymer, cosmetics, food or automotive industries.
- Thorough knowledge of load bearing equipment capabilities and understanding of blueprints and technical instructions.
- Strong pipefitting experience.
- Oxyacetylene cutting experience.
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics, hydraulic and pneumatics, and additional components involved in the process (such as valves, pumps, compressors and piping).
- Scaffold building experience including carpenter skills.
Crane certification or operation is desired.
- Microsoft Outlook and basic computer skills preferred.
SAP experience desired.