We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
The Offsite Processing (OSP) Engineer is the main interface between contract manufacturing site operations and the Infineum Supply functions (mainly Manufacturing Technology, Procurement, and Global Supply Chain and Planning). The OSP Engineer is accountable for all the aspects of third-party manufacturing operations, including establishing new / existing products at new / existing site and supply reliability performance. The OSP Engineer works closely with Procurement in the evaluation / vetting of potential new third-party sites and supports the definition of the negotiation strategy. The OSP Engineer also works closely with Manufacturing Technology to define plans for approving a site to make new products and with Global Supply Chain colleagues on planning production activities. This position is accountable to the Global OSP Manager and has functional accountability for the third-party sites assigned to the position.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Support / lead implementation activities to establish a new off-site processing site
- Lead / support implementation activities when changing existing operations at a site (i.e. project-type activities for new product introduction, cost/capacity improvements, etc.)
- Conduct HSSE and Quality Assessments at OSP sites, provide guidance to correct any deficiencies, and steward corrective actions plans from the assessments
- Ensure OSP sites are compliant with applicable Infineum Quality Procedures
- Support MFT for identification / troubleshooting / resolution of any product quality issues
- Support Procurement in development of negotiating strategy for contract negotiations
- Support the production planning with third-party sites and Infineum supply chain colleagues
- Assist in resolving daily operating issues at OSP sites
- Drive HSSE, Quality, and Controls performance and total cost-to-serve improvements
- Influence site manufacturing and supply chain standards and behaviors for win:win outcomes
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Deeper understanding and experience with global supply operations
- Exposure to various organizations within Infineum such as Manufacturing Technology, Procurement, and Global Supply Chain and Planning
- Further develop the ability and skills to collaborate and influence across the organization, at all levels, while working with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- External focus in fostering collaboration and strong relationship with third-party sites
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Engineering degree with 5-10 years of Specialty or Petro-chemical process experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills appropriate for dealing with OSP ownership and senior management
- Teamworking and collaboration credentials; ability to work across multiple functions
- Ability to self-direct while multi-tasking; supporting multiple sites
- Ability to make informed decisions, balance priorities, and manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated leadership capability and results-orientation