Infineum is a specialty chemicals company whose purpose is to create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry. A joint venture between Shell and Exxon Mobil, Infineum is one of the world leaders in the formulation, manufacturing and marketing of petroleum additives for lubricants and fuels with operations and production facilities worldwide. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and business and technology centres in the UK, USA, Singapore and China, there's never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum is currently seeking talented scientists to join our growing technology function. Our technologist roles are diverse, engaging and challenging, with the possibility to choose the path that’s right for you. Bring your knowledge to a commercial reality and make a significant contribution to the business through innovative problem-solving and leading research projects.
What you will do
Roles will vary dependent on the specific team and their business priorities. Here are a few examples of the types of activities you could be working on:
- Lead business critical technology projects and contribute to future project generation
- Be at the forefront of designing and developing our next generation of performance chemical additives for automotive lubricants and a range of crude oil applications
- Organise, carry out and assess testing of additives to ensure tribological performance and reliability to meet customer and internal requirements
- Present your reports on technical findings and give recommendations to key stakeholders that influence preferred outcomes
- Supervise and coach laboratory based chemists
- Generate innovative solutions to formulation challenges, such as enhancing fuel economy
- Design synthetic routes, prepare risk assessments, make novel chemicals and take molecules from concept to commercialisation
- Source complementary expertise externally and coordinate internal multifunctional teams
- Partner with customers to develop bespoke products
What you will have
- Ability to apply technical knowledge, having the insight to solve problems and be innovative
- Desire and ability to apply science in a commercial context
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams, collaborate and influence others
- Commitment and passion for turning scientific knowledge into a performance enhancing end product
What we offer
- The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
- Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
Phone interviews are planned for 8-9 April 2020 and face-to-face interviews 22 April 2020
Infineum operates a flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs wherever appropriate. Infineum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.