We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
A Power Transmission Fluid (PTF) Development & Deployment Technologist fulfil a key technical role at Infineum’s customer interface and PTF Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). This involves understanding and delivering against customer and OEM product needs through the development and deployment of additive packages and viscosity modifiers. The role will also include Industry Liaison responsibility to interface with PTF OEMs in North America to understand OEM transmission trends and fluid needs, deliver new product development to agreed OEM specifications and support customer OEM approvals.
The role requires significant collaboration with customers, OEMs, Sales & Marketing, and the PTF Global team.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Provide expert customer technical support including product recommendations, product-based value propositions and general technical advice to key PTF customers in Americas market
- Develop, test, and commercialize customized additive packages to meet customer requirements
- Lead field testing program to support additive development and claim support
- Develop technical brochures for presentation to customers
- Develop and maintain product documentation to support performance claims on customer-specific and/or market general products
- Obtain OEM approvals for commercial additive packages, liaising directly with PTF OEMs in NA
- Develop OEM relationship and explore collaboration opportunities.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing colleagues to identify new business opportunities
- Contribute to organizational learning through information sharing and collaboration with Sales & Marketing, Industry Liaison and other PTF Technology Development & Deployment colleagues.
- Develop and deliver training materials for colleagues and customers
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering degree required
- Minimum of 2 year’s relevant work experience required
- Ability to understand needs, manage expectations, and deliver on commitments whilst building relationships at the customer and OEM interface
- Excellent technical competencies with a strong science background (e.g. Mechanical Engineering or in chemistry).
- Strong interpersonal, networking and communication skills with an ability to develop personal relationships with customers, OEMs and colleagues.
- Knowledge of lubricant industry, lubricant formulation or technology development activities would be advantageous.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to efficiently balance priorities, self-driven and make independent and timely decisions
- Work well on cross-functional teams, Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong commitment to Infineum safety and quality values.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
- Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
- Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
- Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
- Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation