We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
The Pricing Optimization Advisor is responsible for developing in-depth analysis for both customer, portfolio and channel pricing; with a focus on creating and maintaining profitability models to support the business pricing strategy. Continuously review and improve pricing processes to drive better data-driven decisions, leverage best practices, and increase productivity of the pricing team and other stakeholders. This position requires working with various levels of professionals in different functions, communicating key pricing insights and making strategic profitability recommendations. The position requires an innate ability to understand pricing at a granular level while being able to summarize and prepare an executive summary outlining the financial impact and or findings. Must closely engage multi-functional stakeholders to identify their goals, pain points, process gaps and necessary improvements to help develop and drive pricing transformation initiatives.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Acts as the Center of Excellence in the development of pricing processes, analytical and reporting capabilities, strategies and initiatives, as well as pricing guidelines.
• Takes lead in initiating periodic price, volume and mix profitability interpreting results and recommending margin improvement opportunities. Provides price realization updates of those pricing decisions and/or actions.
• Conducts research and in-depth analysis, summarizing results and making recommendations around analytical and strategic frameworks supporting the development of pricing.
• Proactively provides margin improvement recommendations and supporting analytics, partnering with internal stakeholders (Portfolio, Regional Marketing etc.) to improve profitability. In addition, proactively pursuing margin improvement, understanding the root cause(s) and communicating impact and proposed solutions vertically and horizontally
• Drive recommendations for improving the effectiveness of operating processes and programs, including blueprint design and initiatives to close the gap.
• Formulate go-to-market price strategies that optimize revenue and margin growth within all possible avenues (E-commerce, Distribution Partners, Rebates, Price Agreements, etc.).
• Apply relevant statistical tools to help build/maintain predictive models, improve customer segmentation, optimize product assortments, refine approach to pricing, and improve elements of the overall revenue mix.
• Develop more complex calculations to accurately compile and report statistics. Responsible for compiling and analyzing complex statistical data to establish price objectives.
• The candidate provides excellent modeling and statistical analysis skills to help drive profit maximization. Use advanced data modeling tools such as SQL, R, Python, and Microsoft Excel etc. to create new and innovative ways to write pricing models and structures.
• Model the financial impact and revenue risks associated with different pricing strategies. Detailed KPI monitoring on a range of pricing analytics.
• Perform background research on competitors and industry pricing trends.
• Initiates and/or willingly accepts projects and ad hoc analyses driving business values by applying new perspective to existing challenges
• Serve as pricing implementation project manager, collaborating across departments to successfully update data flow across internal systems
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
• Improved high level of influencing and communicating skills at all organizations levels, including management team
• Understanding of customer value propositions in the lubricants and additive value chain
• Customer and market insight of the lubricants and additive value
A successful candidate is likely to have:
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Finance, Data Science, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or related field or equivalent work experience, MBA or Masters a plus
• 5+ years applicable experience
• 5+ years of progressively increased responsibility in a pricing, financial or business analyst role, preferably with a focus on pricing process and value creation
• Strong advanced analytics, processes & tools and/or pricing background with execution experience
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
• Experience developing solutions using large volumes of data; creating predictive models, using applied statistical analysis such as regression, classification, and clustering
• Experience with business intelligence and visualization toolkits such as Qlik, R, Python, SAS or Tableau required
• Experience with Price Guidance & Manager, SAP and similar Pricing Optimization technologies
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
• Self-motivated and proactive, with strong organizational and time management skills as well as strong analytical, evaluative and critical thinking skills
• Ability to clearly and concisely summarize complex quantitative concepts
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities and operate with a high sense of urgency
• Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment while setting priorities, managing a diverse set of job responsibilities with effective organizational skills, and working within deadlines
What We Offer:
• The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
• High levels of project management responsibilities
• Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
• Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
• Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
• Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
• Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
• Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking