We are looking for a Process Chemist to work in the Manufacturing Technology (MFT) organisation within Infineum. This promises to be very exciting and will offer diverse opportunities for growth and development within the Infineum organisation. Reporting to a Process Technologist, together you will deliver strategic projects in the area of supply security, process optimisation and cost containment. A successful candidate will be curious, observant, be able to solve complex problems and be a quick learner. The successful candidate will also have opportunities to collaborate internally across MFT, with Technology, Procurement and Manufacturing plants and external with University and Research Organization. The successful candidate will be expected to work in cross-functional teams as well as to work independently. Activities will embrace lab work including synthesis, online analytical technology, and advanced analysis; also included are knowledge management, report writing, supporting plant trials, and sharing best practices. The role is based in the Process Development group and involves work across all product teams in MFT.
Key Skills required
- Drive, passion and curiosity to learn and use new skills to solve highly complex problems.
- Support strategic New Product or Process Development projects including plant trials and process optimisation.
- Provide technical support in commissioning and troubleshooting lab units.
- Collaborate to devise and progress experimentation plans, interpret data and in making recommendations as to paths forward.
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Actively participate to definition, design and execution of the experimental laboratory work, analyze the results obtained and report these.
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously with good project management discipline.
- Apply knowledge across technical boundaries.
- Ability to select and work with third party organizations.
- Knowledge of advanced analytical, characterization and synthetic techniques.
- Knowledge of Infineum commercial products, processes and associated analytical techniques.
- Exposure to several functions across Infineum.
- Understanding of how new technologies and knowledge are translated from lab to commercial operations.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- A strong scientific background with a degree or master’s degree in chemistry, or a related scientific discipline.
- Strong organic chemistry/analytical chemistry background.
- Excellent safety consciousness and behaviour.
- Ability to observe and independently follow leads.
- Demonstrable practical laboratory experience is essential.
- The capability to accurately manage test results and technical information, interpret data, make recommendations and maintain comprehensive lab records.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to develop personal relationships with colleagues.
- Well-developed time management and personal organizational skills.
- A background in analytical techniques across process analytical technology would be preferable.