Within the Berre plant manufacturing organization, the Process Engineer provides technical expertise to the assigned manufacturing unit, playing a key role in process and product troubleshooting and management of change. He/she’s responsible for monitoring process performance and product quality, identifying and applying continuous improvement initiatives. This job offers the opportunity to gain a deep knowledge of a complex chemical plant with outstanding HSSE standards.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Monitor unit production, quality and capacity by utilizing batch size, cycle time, batch sheets, process control data, and raw material and utilities consumption; make sure manufacturing process is under control and propose performance improvement plan
- Serve as unit technical consultant providing technical leadership and support to the plant to ensure reliability, sustain product quality and enhance unit performance
- Take leadership for process and product troubleshooting activities
- Take leadership for the management of change activities, including project start-up and plant trials
- Determine needs to work on individual projects/problems, and participate in setting own priorities for working these problems. Develop projects that foster continuous improvements
- Ensure compliance with internal HSE and quality processes
- Interface with Manufacturing technology, unit supervisor and shift operators, reliability engineer, project engineers, plant lab, plant maintenance, logistics, pilot group and other plants all over the world
- Assist in training unit personnel as required
A successful candidate is likely to have:
The new team member is ideally a Chemical Engineer (Master degree in chemical engineering or equivalent) with 1 to 3 years of experience.
In a short time s/he is expected to become fully independent in the role, which requires close collaboration with site colleagues and abroad. It provides challenging and realistic goals requiring good technical background, the capability to deal with a wide range of interfaces on technical, managerial, HSSE subjects; it is therefore an ideal opportunity for growth for a junior Engineer, providing the basis for a wide spectrum of career opportunities within the Infineum local and global organization.