We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
Process Control Engineer is a full-time position that combines engineering, manufacturing, systems and programming skills to support and improve evergreen values of Infineum Manufacturing: operational reliability, efficiency, process improvement, safety, and human error reduction. This subject matter expert role requires collaboration with Bayway Operations Team and third-party software and hardware vendors to ensure reliable and safe execution of systems and applications as well as adequate training and mentoring of less experienced colleagues. Training opportunities are available for core technical skills. The candidate will support Process Control Modernization projects which move today at a fast pace as Cybersecurity, Big Data, and the Industrial Internet of Things gain importance. The candidate shall be able to work in self-directed as well as collaborative environments, recognizing the urgency of issues impacting operational processes while working toward longer-term goals.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Work closely with the Operations team and Chemical Process Designers to develop requirements for PLC, Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), and sequence code programs.
- Work closely with Application Engineers and Instrument and Electrical Engineers to properly integrate new PLCs using existing wiring and programming standards. Develop new programming standards on an as-needed basis.
- Lead the delivery of PLC programming and SIS programming for ongoing projects and operational activities
- Lead PLC and SIS troubleshooting and root cause identification for process issues
- Participate in Unit Team meetings and HAZOP reviews to improve the health, safety, environmental, customer, financial, production, or utilization of the manufacturing units
- Act as an automation subject matter expert in the development and implementation of Manufacturing projects ensuring that they are employing the most fitting automation solutions
- Support the development and execution and in some cases lead Process Control Modernization projects
- Train Process Technicians, Console Leaders, Instrumentation Technicians, Junior Engineers, and Supervisors on the use of the process control computer and related computer applications
- Understand basic concepts of cybersecurity, data management, and the Industrial Internet of Things
- Provide off-hour support, weekend standby duty, and backfill coverage, as needed
- Administer quality and operations integrity systems, and conduct periodic assessments
- Support Process Control Systems Engineering aspects of plant and have knowledge of specific systems in assigned unit area
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for capital project development
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of process control engineering or another relevant industrial skillset
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Innovative and enthusiastic about new technology
- Experience with programming PLCs (Modicon ProWorx32 and/or Unity a plus)
- Experience with programming SIS (Triconex Tristation a plus)
- Experience with programming DCS (Foxboro a plus)
- Experience with Safety Instrumented Systems (a plus)
- Strong understanding of instrumentation, batch and continuous plant operations, process control and computer programming
- Knowledge of Foxboro Process Control Systems (a plus)
- Experience with Project Management (a plus)
- Attention to detail, clear and concise communication skills, self-directed and proactive, strong team player
- Ability to interact with several levels of the organization
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
- Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
- Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
- Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
- Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation