Infineum is a world-class petroleum additive and specialty chemicals company
This position offers the opportunity to join the Infineum Global Engineering team as Process Design Engineer.
The new team member is ideally a chemical engineer with at least 5 years’ experience as process design engineer working for primary engineering contractors and/or in the
owner engineer role for oil or chemical companies.
This is a full-time position responsible for design development of capital projects for the Infineum Berre manufacturing plant. He or she will bear the responsibility to progress the project during scoping study, pre-FEED and FEED, in accordance with Infineum project management process and local design standards.
The position requires interfacing and collaborating with site management, HSSE, operations and maintenance, global engineering specialists as well as third party such as engineering companies or vendors.
The candidate shall be able to work in self-directed as well as collaborative environments, while maintaining a high level of accountability to the project outcome.
This position will be based at Berre but will be part of the Global Engineering Team, hence he or she will be required to participate to the Global Engineering Communities of Practices and to contribute to the success of projects in other Infineum locations.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Receive the project high level scope, objectives and priorities and ensure they are maintained during the following development phases.
- Apply a disciplined approach to progress a concept of a project through the gated project development process to create the deliverable- a project ready for execution.
- Develop resource plan and project roadmap for deliverables.
- Develop directly or, according to the project size and complexity, lead engineering contractors to develop the Pre-FEED and FEED.
- Contribute to the definition of the Project Execution Plan for EPC phase.
- Use process design knowledge to: perform common design calculations; verify vendor calculation/design; perform proof of concept check; interface with engineering specialists/project engineers/cost estimators.
- Identify all stakeholders (HSSE, operations, maintenance, process, PCC, planning, etc..) required for the project development phase and coordinate their successful contribution, leading the Integrated Project Team (IPT)
- Call and lead the internal reviews according to Infineum capital management process, if necessary preparing economic evaluations to support meeting cost benefit targets.
- Participate in global communities of practices involved with improving and sharing process design experience.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned.
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Contribute to the achievement of the strategic objectives of a complex chemical industry with outstanding HSSE standards.
- Become familiar with best of industry design standards and project management practices.
- Work in a truly open and multicultural environment with exposure to regional and global projects.
- Development of basic project management skills.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Strong commitment to HSSE and quality values.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of process design skills and experience.
- Knowledge of design standards and codes and process safety standards.
- Project management experience preferred.
- French as working language; excellent English - verbal and written - communication skills.
- Self-directed and proactive worker.
- Strong team player in collaborative and leading situations with strong drive to deliver against commitments.
- Attention to detail; clear and concise written as well as verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple priorities.
Ability to interact with organizational levels both horizontally and vertically.