We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
Working in the AAA, Analytical & Process Development (A4&PD) team of Manufacturing Technology promises to be very exciting. We work closely with the Technology, Manufacturing, and Procurement to deliver projects in strategic areas such as supply security, process improvement & consistency, and product quality. This position reports to the Manufacturing Technology Manager – A4&PD. Responsibilities include improving existing operations to gain fundamental understanding on existing products and processes. Process Technologists are also expected to broaden their skills through collaboration with other groups as high priority projects emerge.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Contribute to the improvement of existing process a) to continuously make them safer, more robust, and more efficient and b) to the adoption of a digitalized approach in the way we perform technical works
- Contribute to the fundamental understanding of existing products and processes
- Co-ordinate activities of lab-based colleagues carrying out work on behalf of MFT
- Drive reduction in cost by working with Procurement, Technology and, in some cases OSP, to qualify alternate raw material or component suppliers and source plants.
- Manage external relationships with: Suppliers, equipment manufacturers, universities, etc.
- Facilitate the knowledge transfer within MFT and with other functions such as Manufacturing and Technology
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, or Chemistry required. PhD or relevant working experience desirable
- Good process and chemistry background (preferably, but not exclusively in the organic and polymer fields), as well as knowledge of statistical methodologies are also desired.
- Teamwork, relationship building, and excellent communication skills are essential to this position.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
- Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
- Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
- Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
- Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation