We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
The successful candidate will take a supporting role in the execution of new product developments and fundamental research projects, usually under the guidance of a Technologist or Group Leader. The Specialist will be responsible for support of multiple projects, analyzing and reporting data sets, developing new test methods, operating and maintaining various laboratory equipment and will be interfacing regularly with other functions.
Research areas: fuel economy additives, engine protection additives, viscosity modification and performance enhancement of industrial and automotive fluids, hydraulics and greases, various functional polymer applications, sustainability.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Support multiple research and development projects – data analysis, documentation, identify and develop test methods, plan experiments
- Schedule in-house and external testing
- Compile, manage, manipulate and draw conclusions from data sets
- Learn and apply external and internal software
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure prompt and reliable reporting of test results
- Non-routine experimentation targeting new chemistries and processes
- Make and monitor inventories
- Initiate safety improvement and administrative activities
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Develop understanding of new molecule and formulation development projects
- Familiarity with industry specifications
- Deeper understanding of established and emerging Infineum technologies
- Polymer chemistry and characterization techniques
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Testing and component design in newer research areas and applications to Infineum
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- S. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (or other Technical degree) plus a minimum of two years relevant experience demonstrating a talent for analyzing and solving difficult technical problems
- Excel proficiency (or preferred software) skills, including macros, data retrieval, chart creation, pivot tables and formatting required.
- Must be able to respond to changing priorities and tight deadlines while working under pressure
- Effective organization skills
- High attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and enjoy working as part of a team are essential
- Proficient computer skills, particularly Excel
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
- Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
- Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
- Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
- Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation