We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
The successful candidate will be focused on synthesising, characterising and studying the performance properties of lubricant oil additives.
This is a Union position.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Experimentation to support new product development, process improvements, raw material optimizations, technology optimizations, and non-conforming product investigations
- Ability to conduct chemical synthesis
- Ability to operate pilot plant equipment
- Maintain a safe, clean and tidy laboratory
- Interact with equipment vendors and laboratory suppliers
- Capability to run and interpret FTIR, NMR, GPC, GC/MS, HPLC, viscometers and other instrumentation to yield data
- Analysis of experimental results
- Coordination of receipt and distribution of samples and data
- Maintenance of sample inventories
- Organization and maintenance of electronic laboratory notebook
- Work in a safe manner at all times within an ISO systems laboratory
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in organic or polymer synthesis preferred
- Knowledge of standard chemical analytical methods (NMR, FTIR, GC/MS, GPC, HPLC)
- Laboratory technician experience and/or pilot plant operation preferred
- Ability to solve problems
- Understanding of laboratory equipment
- Strong general computer skills (MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proactive approach – will take ownership of issues and work to a successful resolution
- Rigorous approach to working safely, including procedural and regulatory requirements
- Teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
- Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
- Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
- Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
- Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation