We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
Infineum is currently seeking talented scientists to join our Technology function. Our Technology roles are diverse, engaging and challenging, with the possibility to choose the path that is right for you. Bring your knowledge to a commercial reality and make a significant contribution to the business through innovative problem solving and leading research projects.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
Roles will vary depending on the specific team and their business priorities. Here are examples of the types of activities:
• Lead & execute technology projects which result in product recommendations, new technical capabilities and/or deployment and contribute to future project generation
• Be at the forefront of designing and developing our next generation of performance chemical additives for automotive lubricants and a range of crude oil applications
• Provide technical support internally and externally
• Develop, test and commercialize customized additive packages to meet customer requirements
• Create an understanding of how to meet technical product qualification requirements through the delivery of testing programs, investigating additive responses and engineering impacts on performance
• Generate innovative solutions to formulation challenges, such as enhancing fuel economy
• Develop and maintain product documentation and technical brochures
• Translate experimental data, both performance and characterization into technology design
• Communicate your ideas effectively to varied audiences, including documentation
• Work collaboratively within the team and with global colleagues throughout Infineum, across a diverse array of teams
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• A technical background (BS or higher, PhD preferred) in Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science or similar.
• For this position, experience in Tribology and surface science techniques to study wear and pitting phenomena in gears and bearings is highly desired.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge, having the insight to solve problems and be innovative
• Desire and ability to apply science in a commercial context
• Ability to lead and execute projects
• Ability to design experiments and to accurately analyze, interpret, follow-up and communicate experimental data, conclusions, limitations, and recommendations.
• Familiarity with lubricants industry, lubricant formulation or related technology development would be advantageous
• Technical communication skills (written, verbal, and graphic). Ability to develop compelling technical arguments, and transmit them at the appropriate level with knowledge and confidence
• Ability to work within cross-functional teams, collaborate and influence others
• Attention to detail and the ability to think logically, applying different tactics to solve problems using resources available both internally and externally
• Ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity, taking a flexible approach when needed information is limited by external circumstances
• Commitment and passion for turning scientific knowledge into a performance enhancing end product
• Capacity to efficiently balance priorities and make independent and timely decisions
What We Offer:
• The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
• High levels of project management responsibilities
• Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
• Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
• Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
• Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
• Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
• Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
• Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation