Infineum is one of the world’s leading formulators, manufacturers and marketers of fuel and lubricant additives. These additives are present in 1-in-3 vehicles worldwide. An ever-evolving range of novel additive solutions is needed as the industry strives to develop greener vehicles capable of meeting the tighter emission targets set out by government legislature.
We have vacancies within the Component Delivery team for talented synthetic organic chemists who can help design the lubricant additives of tomorrow. The roles will involve developing synthetic routes using both forward and retrosynthetic approaches as well as using a range of practical laboratory techniques and associated analytical methods. We offer diverse and engaging roles which enable you to apply your knowledge to take on a range of technical challenges and make a meaningful contribution to the business from the outset.
This role will suit a candidate with a real passion for synthetic organic chemistry and notable hands-on laboratory experience.
The applicant will ideally have:
- A broad theoretical understanding of organic chemistry
- Ability to apply this knowledge to make materials on a range of scales (gram to kg, the latter with support from team’s large-scale experts)
- A critical approach ensure all laboratory activities are risk assessed and completed to the highest of safety standards
- Capacity to prioritise multiple projects effectively to enable efficient delivery
- Proven capability to maintain comprehensive records of laboratory activities, interpret technical information & communicate experimental plans and conclusions effectively
- Enthusiasm to pursue wider responsibilities within the group (e.g. safety, quality, inclusivity etc…) in order to progress their personal development.
Infineum takes pride in investing in its people and this role offers excellent, continued opportunities for personal development and career progression.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Infineum operates a flexible working policy and will consider requests for reduced hours, part-time working or job share.