Responsible for leading process technicians to deliver daily manufacturing operations.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• This position works rotating 12 hour shifts on an "Every Other Weekend Off” (EOWEO) schedule
• Leads and promotes safety activities among shift team members including, but not limited to, Housekeeping, Last Minute Risk Assessments, Compliance to Life Saving Rules.
• Ensures shift team meets all inventory and production targets
• Drives unit improvement initiatives, including operating efficiency and cost reduction
• Leads shift team in risk assessment activities, including considerations for daily operating tasks
• Needs to work effectively with numerous other organizations including maintenance, technical, HSSE and Phillips 66 Refinery.
• Improves the performance of the shift teams by establishing standards / goals for colleague performance and using effective coaching, coordination, and leadership.
• Meet internal/external customer needs and to develop and deliver improvements.
• Communicates work plans and status within the shift team, to shift relief, and to Operations Manager and Business Unit Teams.
• Ensures shift teams complete and fully document all required tasks such as regulatory compliance checks, production entry, and maintenance work requests.
• Incident command during emergency response
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned
Skill a successful candidate is likely to have:
• Motivate and lead their shift teams to execute planned production runs, prepare equipment for maintenance, and perform effective troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
• Manage multiple work items and set priorities for self and team
• Evaluate risk of non-routine and routine tasks performed by shift team
• Demonstrated leadership capability and relevant operating plant experience (operations or maintenance)
• Experience making risk-based decisions
• Engineering Degree preferred, but not required