We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
The Americas Site logistics leader (Rail and Fuels) is accountable for effectively managing Infineum’s logistics operations for a 400+ rail tank car fleet, and Fuels logistics operations to support world-class customer performance (CPI), and to ensure cost and rail fleet are managed effectively. Rail tank cars transport a large proportion of products supplied to customers in the Americas and the site logistics leader is responsible for managing a budget for fleet expansion, fleet maintenance, and storage across NA. Fuels business requires oversight for logistics of fuel products more active during the winter fuels season, the day to day logistics operations are managed by a Logistics coordinator. A successful candidate is required to effectively manage through detailed planning, scheduling, optimization and cost stewardship, and has a major impact on the competitiveness of Infineum’s Americas Supply Chain. Further requirements are leadership skills, including effective team management leading a team of logistic coordinators supporting rail, Fuels logistics, and a few US domestic sites, problem solving and influencing, as well as the ability to build good relationships both internally and externally. The team interfaces with other functions (Procurement, Finance, Sales) and Third-Party Service Providers. The position is accountable to the Americas Supply Chain Manager.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Effectively size, deploy and optimize the US rail fleet
• Through effective management, ensure appropriate resourcing of rail, fuels logistics, and US domestic sites operations
• Plan and manage a $3.5M railcar budget to ensure costs to maintain and modernize the fleet are spent efficiently. Provide corporate plan input for activities associated with US rail fleet
• Actively monitor the Infineum railcar fleet performance via standard metrics to ensure the process works well while looking for opportunities to right size the fleet
• Identify, prioritize and lead implementation of continuous improvement projects to optimize costs to serve and support Infineum’s sustainability strategy.
• Develop and manage relationships with US major rail carriers, cleaning facilities and repairs shops.
• Monitor on time delivery (OTD) performance and adjust routes/interchanges as necessary to improve customer service
• Monitor customer tank car demurrage and ensure recovery of costs
• Steward performance and address issues that arise within the area of responsibility. Coordinate daily rail activities for all of North America
• Acquire assets as needed for business gains
• Manage maintenance, cleaning, and inspection programmes
• Review rail non-freight invoices for payment and created SAP SES entries to allow vendor payment. This includes lease cars, cars maintenance, and lease track invoices.
• Ensure appropriate resolution of logistics exceptions and customer non-conformances linked to distribution operations
Participate in the Infineum DOIMS (Distribution Operations Integrity Management System)
• Participate or lead in regional and/or Global Supply Chain projects
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• 3 - 5 years logistics / Manufacturing experience, or Engineering Degree (Mechanical or Chemical preferred)
• Prior experience in rail or other transportation mode operations management preferred
• Communicate effectively and build good relationships both internally and externally, able to motivate and foster teamwork
• Knowledge of federal regulations for transportation within in the US preferred (Federal Railcar Administration- FRA, and Department of Transportation- DOT)
• Leadership experience
• Demonstrate solid planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective under pressure, organizing, and multi-tasking skills
• Proactive and independent
• Customer focused approach, being able to represent Infineum at 3rd parties both indirectly or face to face
• Ability to work across all functions and regions to achieve customer and team objectives
What We Offer:
• The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
• High levels of project management responsibilities
• Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
• Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
• Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
• Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
• Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
• Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
• Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation