The Americas Supply Chain Planner is accountable for effectively managing Infineum’s Rail tank car fleet in the Americas to support world-class Customer performance (CPI) and rail efficiency. Rail tank cars transport a large proportion of products supplied to customers in the Americas. This role requires effective management, through detailed planning, scheduling, optimization and cost stewardship, and has a major impact on the competitiveness of Infineum’s Americas Supply Chain. This role also leads one Site Logistic Coordinator who is supporting rail and US domestic sites operations. The position is accountable to the Americas Supply Chain Manager.
What we can expect from you
- Effectively size, deploy and optimize the US rail fleet
- Through effective management, ensure appropriate resourcing of rail and US domestic sites operations
- Plan and manage a $2M railcar budget to ensure costs to maintain and modernize the fleet are spent efficiently. Provide corporate plan input for activities associated with US rail fleet
- Actively monitor the Infineum railcar fleet performance via standard metrics to ensure the process works well while looking for opportunities to right size the fleet
- Develop and prioritize continuous improvement projects to optimize costs to serve
- Develop and manage relationships with US major rail carriers, cleaning facilities and repairs shops.
- Monitor on time delivery (OTD) performance and adjust routes/interchanges as necessary to improve customer service
- Monitor customer tank car demurrage and ensure recovery of costs
- Steward performance and address issues that arise within the area of responsibility. Coordinate daily rail activities for all of North America
- Acquire assets as needed for business gains
- Manage maintenance, cleaning and inspection programmes
- Review rail non-freight invoices for payment and created SAP SES entries to allow vendor payment. This includes lease cars, cars maintenance, and lease track invoices.
- Participate or lead in regional and/or Global Supply Chain projects.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical or Chemical preferred) OR 3 - 5 years logistics / Manufacturing experience.
- Leadership experience preferred
- Prior experience in rail or other transportation mode operations management preferred
- Communicate effectively and build good relationships both internally and externally, able to motivate and foster team work
- Demonstrate solid planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective under pressure, organizing, and multi-tasking skills
- Proactive and independent
- Customer focused approach, being able to represent Infineum at 3rd parties both indirectly or face to face
- Ability to work across all functions and regions to achieve customer and team objectives