The Supply Chain Advisor (SCA) is Supply Chain’s ambassador at key customers and focuses on value creation. The SCA collaborates internally and with customers and third-party service providers aimed at increasing the service level to customers, promoting simplification and efficiency initiatives and reducing the cost to serve. The Supply Chain Advisor works closely with Sales and Customer Service to meet the account strategic and commercial objectives. The SCA is also a prime contributor in optimization and transformational activities including innovation and digitalization initiatives within the Infineum global supply chain organization. This position is accountable to the Americas Supply Chain Advisor Leader.
This position can be based in Linden, NJ or Houston, TX.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you:
- Listen to the customer and work to match Infineum’s capabilities with customer needs/expectations.
- Understand industry and market trends to advance creative supply chain solutions.
- Become an integral part of the customer’s supply chain and help them grow their business.
- For your key account, optimize the Infineum supply chain network, including product storage, transportation and the safe product handling to reduce the cost to serve.
- Lead or support various Supply Chain initiatives (i.e. optimization of new/existing supply chains, digital initiatives).
- Be externally focused, looking to innovate and implement identified industry best practices to both Infineum and customer operations and processes.
- Develop and lead Supplier Performance and end-to-end Operational Review with customers.
- Support customer non-conformance resolution / continuous improvement activities.
- This position will support Infineum Distribution Operation Integrity Management System (DOIMS) to manage and continuously improve HSSE in our distribution network and with our customers.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Chemical Engineering or Supply Chain Degree with 5-10 years’ cumulative experience.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation).
- Ability to build customer credibility and trust by understanding and addressing key requirements/ concerns.
- Aptitude in synthesizing information, turning data into insights, identifying opportunities.
- A digital mindset (tendency to seek out digital solutions, use technology as a tool for competitive advantage and to improve processes).
- Teamworking and collaboration credentials; ability to work across multiple functions and regions to achieve customer and team objectives.
- Ability to self-direct while multi-tasking, supporting multiple accounts or initiatives.
- Proficiency in SAP Business Objects product suite (Analysis for Office, Web Intelligence) a plus.
- Prior chemical manufacturing and/or logistics experience a plus.