Infineum is a specialty chemicals company whose purpose is to create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry. A joint venture between Shell and Exxon Mobil, Infineum is one of the world leaders in the formulation, manufacturing and marketing of petroleum additives for lubricants and fuels with operations and production facilities worldwide.
This new and exciting position is vital to design and implement a global sustainability strategy for the organisation, taking into account sustainability risks and opportunities and customer needs. The role sits within a newly created sustainability team, to help deliver Infineum’s corporate purpose.
The job holder will work with key senior internal stakeholders and external parties such as competitors, customers and automotive companies to design a strategy that is fit for the future, considering how the issues might change over time. The role will give direction for Infineum’s business, aligned with Infineum’s Corporate Strategy, Corporate Sustainability Goals, strategic risks and concerns from our key stakeholders. A constantly changing business environment will demand a review, refresh and update of strategy periodically, alongside change management plans for a successful implementation.
A key element to the role will be keeping up-to-date on external sustainability developments through:
- Working via established contacts to stay in touch with sustainability developments at car manufacturers and customers
- Directly engaging with external organisations to bring new ideas into the company
- Representing the company at external industry associations
This role will be accountable to the Head of Sustainability.
What you will do:
- Influence the sustainability direction for the business
- Lead cultural change to support our sustainability ambitions
- Remain at cutting edge of what is happening in the world of sustainability
What you will gain from this role:
- An understanding of where Infineum can make the biggest impact in responding to sustainable risks and opportunities
- Experience developing and maintaining Infineum’s sustainability strategy
- Opportunity to guide the business through the sustainability strategy
- Access to Infineum senior leadership
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- A background in corporate sustainability is essential, whilst we are open to any backgrounds, from academia, professional services, manufacturing or chemicals.
- A strong understanding of the intersection of Sustainability and Business
- Experience developing and implementing a Sustainability Strategy within a business
- A well-developed cross-organisational network and understanding of how different departments link together
- Strong technical communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Demonstrated ability to influence others to instigate change
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and progressing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of managing projects
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance competing deadlines
- Strong commitment to Infineum safety, quality, inclusion and diversity values
Infineum operates a flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs wherever appropriate. Infineum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.