Infineum is one of the world’s leading formulators, manufacturers and marketers of fuel and lubricant additives. We are seeking talented synthetic laboratory chemists to join our growing Technology function. Here, we design, synthesise and analyse novel compounds across a variety of chemistry types to provide solutions to the lubricant additive industry. Individual training programmes will be provided, work stewarded in collaboration with a supervising colleague and a continued commitment to your professional development from Day 1!
What the role entails:
- Contribute to the high safety standard of the group within and beyond laboratory work
- Design and complete laboratory-based experimental programmes (synthesis & characterisation), with appropriate support to deliver discrete project elements within broadly agreed guidelines
- Effective collation of data, interpreting and communicating results to agree next project steps in collaboration with others
- A sense of urgency and desire to develop work programmes to meet research targets and timelines
What skills will you gain from this role?
You will have the opportunity to develop and apply a range of synthetic & analytical methodologies to make industrially relevant, next generation materials across a range of scales (g – kg). You will gain an understanding and influence factors which enable commercialisation of novel chemical solutions whilst working with colleagues from a range of chemistry and engineering backgrounds. You will become experienced in planning your own work and tailoring the communication of project results/progress to a range of audiences. Finally, we encourage our employees to develop further by undertaking roles such as safety, quality, inclusivity and outreach.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Demonstrated experience in at least one area of synthetic chemistry (organic/polymer/inorganic and/or colloid science) and a willingness to develop in other technical areas, aligned with project needs
- Qualified to at least BSc/MChem level in a chemistry-related subject, with some additional industrial laboratory experience
- Enthusiasm to pursue wider responsibilities within the group (e.g., safety, quality, inclusivity) in order to progress their personal development
- Excellent communication and data reporting skills
- Ability to work with proactivity both independently and as part of a team.