Infineum is one of the world’s leading formulators, manufacturers and marketers of fuel and lubricant additives. We are seeking talented synthetic laboratory chemists to join our growing Technology function. Here, we design, synthesise and analyse novel compounds to solve key challenges, current and future, within the lubricant additive industry. The role will drive key synthetic workstreams in projects encompassing a range of chemistry types including organic, polymer, inorganic and/or colloid science. Individual training programmes will be provided and work stewarded in collaboration with a supervising colleague.
What we can expect from you:
- Contribute to the high safety standard of the group within and beyond laboratory work
- High quality synthetic laboratory work, data collation and record keeping
- Delivery of discrete project elements within broadly agreed guidelines
- Willing to provide recommendations on data interpretation and synthetic process development, agreeing next steps in collaboration with others
- A sense of urgency and desire to develop work programmes to meet research targets and timelines
What skills will you gain from this role?
You will have the opportunity to develop and apply a range of synthetic & analytical methodologies to make industrially relevant, next generation materials across a range of scales (g – kg). You will gain an understanding of factors which impact the lubricant additive business and the route to market for new compounds, whilst broadening your technical skillset through exposure to a variety of impactful projects and team members from a range of chemistry and engineering backgrounds. You will become experienced in planning your own work and tailoring the communication of project results/progress to a range of audiences. Finally, we encourage our employees to develop further by undertaking roles such as safety, quality, inclusivity and outreach.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Demonstrated experience in at least one area of synthetic chemistry (organic/polymer/inorganic and/or colloid science) and a willingness to develop in other technical areas, aligned with project needs
- Qualified to at least BSc/MChem level in a chemistry-related subject, with additional industrial laboratory experience
- Enthusiasm to pursue wider responsibilities within the group (e.g. safety, quality, inclusivity) in order to progress their personal development
- Excellent communication and data reporting skills
- Ability to work with proactivity both independently and as part of a team.
- Problem solving tenacity