The IT Applications Group is a global team responsible for supporting, improving and delivering all the Infineum non-SAP applications and local infrastructure services. The Applications group is organized in four Service Delivery Teams. The Supply Service Delivery Team manages the applications in the Supply area (Manufacturing, Manufacturing Technology, HSSE, and Supply Chain)
The IT Applications and Infrastructure System Specialist will be a member of a global service teams. The IT Applications System and Infrastructure Specialist will have support responsibilities for local and global applications used in Supply (Manufacturing, MFT, HSE) and focus on Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES). Key responsibilities include gathering business requirements and designing, coding, testing, documenting and implementing new MES services. She/he will also have the local responsibilities to ensure ongoing operations of key infrastructure services and at the same time be the focal point for plant management team. She/he may be required to lead and/or be part of projects on a part time or full-time basis.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Support existing local and global applications used in Supply – including support across multiple time zones.
- Responsible for responding to and troubleshooting local and global applications used in Supply.
- An energetic change agent highly motivated to help deliver advanced IT enabled capabilities that will benefit the Infineum Supply organization.
- Support ongoing Data Center operations aligned to safety, security, connectivity and IT continuity principles. Coordinate with global IT support teams on server and network device life-cycling and replacements, cabling and server tape backup administration. Act as a focal point for local Site services and coordinate any task related to facilities.
- Support the local mobile service and review vendor service delivery with the global Mobile Service Lead. Ensuring global consistency of mobile service delivery and working with local procurement for continuous cost savings.
- Provide local management oversight of deskside services fulfilments. Review any issues to ensure issues are appropriately resolved.
- As a member of a project team, contribute to improving existing systems and delivering new capabilities.
- Develop, document, and consistently apply policies, processes and standards.
- Create and maintain appropriate technical documentation.
- Work on service desk issues, project tasks and/or approved change requests as needed/requested.
- Opportunity to engage with business counterparts for both support requests and higher level planning, building roadmaps, conducting risk assessments, developing Service Level Agreements and strategies for backup, restore, security management.
- Maintaining inventories for systems and application components, security controls, and privileged ID’s.
- Evaluation of support costs and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
What will you gain from this role?
- Experience in supporting IT operations at a global level.
- Working within global support teams.
- Change Management skills.
- Service Management skills.
- IT Security, Risk Assessment and Risk Management skills.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Degree in computer science or other related technical field.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- 8+ years of experience in IT solutions for Industries – preferred Oil and Gas or Chemical plants
- Proven experience using 3-tiers IT solutions.
- Experience in managing vendors.
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems.
- Technical skills:
- C# .NET and HTML.
- Core JAVA.
- Report Development with Crystal Report 2013.
- Ability to write efficient SQL statements.
- SQL fundamentals.
- WebServices - WSDLs, JSON, SOAP, REST.
- Basic knowledge of the Citrix deployment platform.
- MS TFS (Team Foundation services) for version control.
- Working experience in Windows OS environment.
- SAP Integration
- Basic knowledge of IT technologies including Windows 2012/2016, Windows 10, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, networking and IT cabling standards.
- Experience working in a project and support team environment and interacting with project managers, other IT team members and Business resources.