We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centres in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognise that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation.
The Technical Sales Account Management team is responsible for creating customer value propositions and commercialising them.
The Team Leader is responsible for the supervision and development of the chemists in the technical sales group and ensuring operational excellence in support of Fuels’ commercial activities. The role is an opportunity to develop and demonstrate leadership of a large team across multiple interfaces. Included in the role is clear accountability for safety and quality standards with the candidate promoting best practice and innovation methods for lab operations and sharing these with the Fuels labs globally. The leadership role also extends beyond Milton Hill with accountability for chemists based in Germany.
There is additionally an opportunity to deliver certain technical projects to support the delivery of the Fuels Strategy.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the team
- Line manage and coach the team’s Chemists
- Prioritisation of needs from the EMEA Technical Sales Manager to ensure lab support level and equipment are sufficient (EU labs), and deliver against agreed requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships with Technical Sales colleagues to ensure that the lab work is delivered on time and to the appropriate standard.
- Interface effectively with internal customers (Sales, Marketing, Technology, etc) and supporting functions where needed (Manufacturing Technology, Product Stewardship & Regulatory Compliance, Law, Procurement)
- Support the Tech Sales Manager by taking on any additional responsibilities as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Line Leadership of a large group of chemists
- Influence gained by working across multi-functional interfaces
- Understanding of how new technologies and knowledge are translated from lab to commercial reality
- Technical knowledge of Infineum’s Fuels products, refinery operations and petroleum logistics
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- A scientific background demonstrated by industrial research experience or a PhD in chemistry/chemical engineering or equivalent scientific discipline
- Experience working in a lab or research environment
- Strong commitment to safety and Infineum core values
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and assist in prioritisation of activities
- Experience in coaching and developing colleagues
- Effective communication and networking skills
- Appreciation of customer-focused delivery