This role serves as the primary interface with Infineum’s Fuels customers covering a broad range of activities including:
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
• Profit management
• Product deployment
• Technical support
• Supply oversight and forecasting
The Fuels Business structure and roles offer great opportunities for colleagues wishing to work autonomously and have a direct/meaningful impact on Infineum’s business performance. The successful candidate will gain extensive customer interface experience and will be exposed to all aspects of Infineum’s business. The position is open to colleagues with limited directly related experience but with the personal and technical skills to be successful in the role.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Deepen current and develop new customer relationships, ensuring that customers receive appropriate commercial, technical and supply support.
• Identify and develop new growth opportunities in the refinery, bulk fuel terminal and marine fuel markets
• Champion Infineum’s technical leadership by translating our application knowledge and related products into meaningful value propositions for individual customers.
• Work effectively across all Supply functions to help ensure reliable supply to customers through product commercialisations, changes and quality issues.
• Work with customers and internal interfaces to identify needs for new products and steward related progress to ensure flawless implementation at the customer.
• Stay current on market (customer, competitor, legislation) trends that could impact Infineum’s Fuels business.
• Develop and implement customer pricing strategies, taking into consideration the competitive situation, customer needs and Infineum’s profit expectations.
• Maintain understanding of customer demand patterns and ensure they are accurately reflected in Infineum’s forecasts.
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• Strong interpersonal, networking and communication skills with an ability to develop personal relationships with customers and internal colleagues.
• Technical background (e.g. chemistry/engineering degree or similar practical experience) with the ability to assimilate technical information and apply at the customer interface.
• Knowledge of the fuel additives market and related product technology would be advantageous.
• Able to be effective both on cross-functional teams and working autonomously.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Strong commitment to Infineum safety and quality values.