We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum, a joint venture of ExxonMobil and Shell, is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in approximately 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportation. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
Infineum’s strategy is to enter and compete in the Drag Reducing Agents (DRA) market for crude oil and refined product transportation through extension of our related chemistry to offer advantaged additives.
Infineum is seeking a talented Technologist to develop our next generation DRA and work with Engineering organization for the design and scale up manufacturing capacity for DRA.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Proactive in ensuring HSE and Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) compliance
• Leverage Infineum’s core capabilities into the development of next generation DRA polymers and formulations to outperform existing products on the market
• Support IP activities for DRA technology
• Provide technology input and support to business team
• Lead scale up project as stage manager; plan, develop, execute, and steward projects in areas of safety, engineering, cost and schedule
• Collaborate with Manufacturing Technology, Manufacturing, and engineering for the design of various process scale up options involving cross functional work with Procurement, Supply Chain, Facility planning and Capital Investment Group
• Provide engineering support during the procurement, construction, start-up and commissioning phases and work with other Engineering Specialists to develop equipment standards, guidelines and best practice
• Leverage Infineum’s core capabilities into DRA manufacturing. Pro-actively seek out safety enhancement, cost savings and schedule improvement opportunities for Infineum
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
• Innovation, developing new technology (polymer and slurry formulation) to support business development in a new market for Infineum
• Collaboration, both internal and external, for manufacturing scale up of new technology
• External focus, direct and frequent engagements with customers and suppliers
• Agility, dealing with uncertainty and ambiguity
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• Chemical Engineering (Master or higher) with minimum of 5-year experiences in Technology and Manufacturing management
• Relevant experience in polymerization, grinding techniques and blending preferred
• Strong commitment to Infineum HSSE and quality values
• Project management and leadership experience in chemical plant environment
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, balancing priorities and making independent and timely decisions
• Self-motivated, with strong sense of urgency and drive for results
• Ability to work within cross-functional teams and externally, collaborate and influence others
• Deal with uncertainty and ambiguity, taking a flexible approach when needed information is limited by external circumstances
What We Offer:
• The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
• High levels of project management responsibilities
• Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
• Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
• Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
• Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
• Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
• Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
• Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation