We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
This technologist position will provide technical support to our target lubricant-blending customer, conducts and documents field trials, engine and bench test programs to qualify Infineum’s engine oil additives for these customers, and helps them enhance the value proposition of their products in the marketplace.
This position will be part of the Asia Pacific team supporting Crankcase products primarily to serve customers in AP. An understanding of customer needs is pivotal, delivery against customer needs through the application of additive technologies and viscosity modifiers in specific base stock and performance needs. The position also requires collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Technology colleagues in other regions. The successful candidate will provide direct technical support to a group of customers and is the focal point for technical information and support for lubes products and information.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Provide product recommendations and technical support data directly to assigned customers across Asia Pacific region
- Plan, execute and document field tests, engine and bench testing approval programs
- Develop and maintain performance claims documentation of Lubes products, including technical information for market general or customer-specific products
- Carrying out bespoke product development and / or technical collaboration programmes as required by customers and OEMs
- Work closely with Sales and marketing colleagues on product value positioning to identify key/emerging business opportunity
- Develop customer relationship and explore collaboration opportunities
- Any other roles & responsibilities as assigned
What will you gain from this role?
- The position is directly exposed to the customer interface and will provide one with a unique learning opportunity and perspective to appreciate the inter-relationships between Marketing & Technology, Supply and Sales
- The person will also be given technical responsibility for customer accounts, projects and activities with a clear connection to the market, from idea conception through commercialization of new products
- There is a possibility to develop varied technical expertise, an understanding of how additives and lubricants work inside the complex environment of a combustion engine for crankcase, and an insightful view on how the engine oils of the future are created through the work of equipment manufacturers, lubricant and additive companies
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Excellent technical competencies with a strong science educational background (e.g. in chemistry or chemical engineering related disciplines).
- Excellent technical communication (written, verbal and presentation skills)
- Strong interpersonal, networking and communication skills with ability to develop personal relationships with customers and colleagues to work effectively in teams.
- Knowledge of lubricant industry, lubricant formulation or technology development activities would be advantageous.