We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
We are a Specialty Chemicals Company with powerful research and development capabilities around innovative chemistry which has a vital role to play in sustainability. We provide products needed on the journey towards the electrification of mobility, while helping to make the internal combustion engine as clean as it can be. We also use our capabilities to generate sustainability advantages to countless new markets around the world.
The Test Engineer role is within Infineum’s Power Transmission Fluid (PTF) Tribology Lab. The lab conducts friction, wear, fatigue, and electrical property testing on automotive transmission and e-motor fluids to support OEM and aftermarket fluid development projects. The primary role consists of assessing test requests, coordinating lubricant tests, and reviewing results with lubricant formulators. Other objectives include maintaining test equipment as well as designing new or modifying existing test equipment.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Lab Safety – Support Infineum’s safety culture and ensure compliance with safety standards while implementing improvements to lab safety whenever issues are observed.
• Test Lab Operations
- Plan, prepare, prioritize, and execute lubricant performance evaluations
- Work closely with engineers, technicians, lubricant formulators, and outside contractors to identify and implement innovative test solutions and improvements
- Project manage test related activities including lab equipment design and modification, data acquisition setup, hardware installation, operations planning, and test documentation.
- Provide technical guidance and work planning inputs to technicians
- Translate engineering and testing understanding to chemists
- Prepare and review test rig related documentation and maintenance records
- Ensure robust, consistent quality practices are applied
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• BS/BE in Mechanical, Electrical, or a related technical discipline
• Good understanding of electro-mechanical equipment
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair such equipment
- Previous experience with test rigs (lubricant or dynamometer), engines, or transmissions is preferred
- Automation and programming experience highly valued
• Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
• Multitasking ability and efficient balancing of priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with multiple levels of colleagues
• Experience with electric motors, circuit design, and/or LabView a plus but not required
• Interest or ability to perform ‘hands-on’ work on equipment
• Strong commitment to Infineum safety and quality values
What We Offer:
• The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
• High levels of project management responsibilities
• Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
• Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
• Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
• Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
• Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
• Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
• Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation