We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry. Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centres in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
This is a great move for a talented Toxicologist. You will be a member of Regulatory Projects & Toxicology, a multidisciplinary group within the Global Product Stewardship & Regulatory Compliance organisation. Working alongside our existing toxicologists, you will provide toxicology and regulatory support to new product development and existing products worldwide.
What you will be doing:
- Conducting hazard and risk assessments for our products to ensure they are manufactured, handled and used appropriately
- Interfacing with contract test laboratories, setting up and monitoring studies required for regulatory notification schemes such as REACH, China New Chemical Substances regulation etc.
- Liaising with regulatory consultants in different countries to deliver global projects
- Monitoring regulatory and scientific developments in key areas of toxicology and reporting back to the business functions on the impacts for our products
- Providing expert toxicology advice to leaders in our Marketing & Technology function to guide the development of new chemistry
- Assessing and summarising toxicology / ecotoxicology studies and preparing regulatory dossiers
- Representing Infineum within industry trade associations and consortia
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Hands-on knowledge of regulatory databases, and risk assessment software used for industrial chemical notifications
- Experience in the coordination and management of large-scale programmes of varied testing, both autonomously and as part of a team
- Experience in application of theoretical toxicology knowledge to a real-world environment: from rapid high-pressure assessments, through to setup and monitoring of long term studies, interpretation of results, and conveying the implications to a fast moving global business
- Experience in QSAR and modelling approaches to characterising hazards of modern chemical products
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in chemistry or biological science and a postgraduate qualification in Toxicology.
- Good knowledge of organic chemistry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to convey and interpret complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Computer-literacy with MS Office software
- Industry experience is desirable, but not essential, as is a knowledge of industrial chemicals