We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
The Unit Coordinator is responsible for consistently achieving safe operations of the unit, delivering quality products to the customers. He / She will lead continuous improvement opportunities to enable effective and efficient use of resources. This position will report to the Business Unit Leader and is accountable to the Production Manager.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Uphold “Nobody Get Hurt” culture in a manufacturing environment
- Plan, organize, optimize and direct day to day operations to meet or exceed production and business performance indices
- Monitor unit performance, ensure unit is operating within statistical process control limits, troubleshoot process problems and initiate corrective action to prevent production losses and non-conformance
- Collaborate with Shift Operations, Maintenance, Supply Planning, Projects, Technical, Lab to coordinate unit activities and review unit direction, so that the best outcome for Infineum can be achieved in an agile manner
- Develop unit improvement plans in areas of product quality, unit efficiencies and capacity utilization
- Lead unit incident investigation, carry out root cause analysis and implement corrective and preventive actions
- Manage unit changes in accordance to Safety, Health, Security, Sustainability and Energy requirements
- Lead Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) and Global Manufacturing Excellence (GME) Programs
- Provide supervision and leadership to the Unit Assistant (UA)
- Provide training to Shift Technicians on Unit Operations
- Develop and review Unit Operating Procedures
- Support Plant Emergency Response Team to manage incidents
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
What will you gain from this role?
- As the driver of the unit, you will hone your leadership skills leading cross functional teams in arriving at common milestones
- You will gain valuable decision-making skills balancing available resources with competing timelines
- In this leadership role in a manufacturing environment, you will learn to internalise the application of risk assessment in all the decisions and reviews undertaken
- You will also learn how to tailor your communications to target audience, be it through presentations or verbal or written communications
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent disciplines
- 5 to 10 years’ relevant experience in technical/operations roles, working in petrochemical / gas or related industry
- Strong commitment to Infineum HSSE and Quality values
- A curious mind which is keen to learn and explore the latest engineering or technology applications in the industry, to enhance efficacy of the role or department, especially in areas of Industry 4.0
- Strong at collaborating across different teams, showing good interpersonal, coordination and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of how his/her responsibilities contributes to company’s bottom line
- Enthusiasm in handling challenges
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and communication skills
- Experience at supervisory level will be an advantage