We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centres in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognise that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
A CTS chemist provides laboratory and other technical support to the team. The principal activity of the team involves understanding and delivering against customer product needs through the application of additive package and viscosity modifier/lube oil flow improver technology across small engine, automotive crankcase, large engine and marine. These programmes are largely focused on European market needs but the role is increasingly taking a more multi-regional or even global dimension as European customers expand.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standards of the team and to Infineum
- Support formulation deployment projects and technical collaborations as agreed with customers.
- Maintain product documentation to support performance claims on customer-specific and/or market general products.
- Co-ordinate and ensure completion of discrete work elements; arrange package and oil blends, schedule analytical and performance tests, collate and document data.
- Participate in project / activity teams, present results and conclusions of the work as required
- Interact with internal and external contacts as required to progress projects.
- Liaise with external service providers to ensure analytical, bench and engine testing are delivered to a high quality standard and against established timelines.
- Delivery of accurate and high-quality documentation to support performance claims on our products
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Strong commitment to Infineum HSE and quality values
- Experience of laboratory work
- Established technical competency with a science background (e.g. chemistry or engineering).
- Interpersonal, networking and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
- Good time management skills
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity of IT software such as spreadsheets, word processing etc.